Rivals put on super show
Chiltern Junior Rugby League Hatfield Comets 40 New Greens Gladiators 20 THE St Albans Centurions junior teams clashed in Colney Heath in a dramatic derby contest last weekend. Both teams were missing players who had school commitments, but out of the t
Chiltern Junior Rugby League
Hatfield Comets 40
New Greens Gladiators 20
THE St Albans Centurions junior teams clashed in Colney Heath in a dramatic derby contest last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams were missing players who had school commitments, but out of the two, the Hatfield Comets looked the sharpest during the first half, so it was no surprise when they put first points on the board.
The New Greens Gladiators immediately stepped up the pressure at the other end but the Comets defence stood firm against lots of pressure.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The St Albans team hit back with scores in the second half but Comets maintained their superiority to win 40-20. Shane Rampling, coach of both sides, said: "I'd like to say well done to both teams and players. This game now takes the Comets to the top of the League and the Gladiators still fly the flag for St Albans and stay in third position.