Rivals put on super show
Chiltern Junior Rugby League Hatfield Comets 40 New Greens Gladiators 20 THE St Albans Centurions junior teams clashed in Colney Heath in a dramatic derby contest last weekend. Both teams were missing players who had school commitments, but out of the t
Chiltern Junior Rugby League
Hatfield Comets 40
New Greens Gladiators 20
THE St Albans Centurions junior teams clashed in Colney Heath in a dramatic derby contest last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Both teams were missing players who had school commitments, but out of the two, the Hatfield Comets looked the sharpest during the first half, so it was no surprise when they put first points on the board.
The New Greens Gladiators immediately stepped up the pressure at the other end but the Comets defence stood firm against lots of pressure.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
The St Albans team hit back with scores in the second half but Comets maintained their superiority to win 40-20. Shane Rampling, coach of both sides, said: "I'd like to say well done to both teams and players. This game now takes the Comets to the top of the League and the Gladiators still fly the flag for St Albans and stay in third position.