Ria and Sofia score to mark birthday celebrations - St Albans City Youth
THE Under 18s Girls recorded a 2-0 win at home to Kew Park Rangers to mark the 60th birthday of boss Terry Edwards. Sofia Munoz sent Ria Llewellyn clear and she drilled the ball past the advancing goalkeeper to make it 1-0. The girls got the second goal w
THE Under 18s Girls recorded a 2-0 win at home to Kew Park Rangers to mark the 60th birthday of boss Terry Edwards. Sofia Munoz sent Ria Llewellyn clear and she drilled the ball past the advancing goalkeeper to make it 1-0. The girls got the second goal when Ellie 'the legend' Sakata curled in a fine corner kick and after Llewellyn had a shot blocked, Sofia 'the gem' Munoz pounced on the loose ball and drove it into the back of the net. Bethany Healy played superbly in goal to keep a clean sheet and skipper Rebecca Dolphin was in commanding form in defence along with Tay Jobson, Katie Ladd and Jessica Hoare. Natalie Burrows and Laura Hunter also played well.
Paige Kenny struck twice and further goals from Lucy Hancock, Joanna 'JJ' Jager and Molly Slade sealed an impressive 5-0 win for the Under 16s Girls against FC Kensington.
Holly Clarke was on the mark to net six goals as the impressive Under 15s Girls crushed Arlesey Athletic 12-1. Christina Freestone netted three and further strikes from Sami May, Abigail Kemball-Cook and Coral Clayton sealed the win.
Erin Foster scored the consolation goal for the Under 12s Girls as they lost 5-1 at Tottenham Girls.
You may also want to watch:
Olivia Whitehead scored twice as the Under 11s Girls picked up their first win of the season beating Enfield Rangers 5-1. Olivia Almond, Niketa Dinnall and Esme Stevens also scored. Player of the Match went to Sabrina Illian.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works