Revenge for St Albans as they grab deserved win at Actonians
- Credit: Archant
St Albans got a bit of revenge for their loss earlier in the season as they picked up a 31-17 win over Actonians.
Joe Shaw got them off to a great start after Saints had camped inside the Acton 22 as he powered over for an unconverted score.
They kept the pressure on their hosts and Harry Atherton took the lead to 12 with another strong surge and Jacob Swain followed that up by splitting the Acton defence on the half-hour.
But the hosts had other ideas and pulled one back prior to the interval
However, that was to prove a mere consolation until the game had been put well and truly to bed.
You may also want to watch:
With the wind increasing and the Albans forwards imposing themselves even further, a penalty try followed by an Adam Jasinski score, converted by George Elliott, put the visitors out of sight.
Two late home tries made it closer on the scoreboard but Saints were worthy winners as they remain third in Herts Middlesex One.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities