Revell leads the way for Harps
HARPENDEN Swimming Club had their swimmers in action again at the weekend with another four competitors over at Norwich for the Regional BAGCAT finals. The first session on Saturday saw Michael Revell post a time of 3:29.11 to take third place in his hea
HARPENDEN Swimming Club had their swimmers in action again at the weekend with another four competitors over at Norwich for the Regional BAGCAT finals.
The first session on Saturday saw Michael Revell post a time of 3:29.11 to take third place in his heat of the 200m breastsroke. Michael then improved his time to 3:27.57 in the final, which was good enough to take fourth place.
Abby Smith followed Michael in the first session to take 15th place in the 400m freestyle in 5:01.10.
The evening session saw Michael finishing 11th in his 200m backstroke in 3:00.95 to conclude the day for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw Michael first in action again this time in the 100m breaststroke where he qualified in third place in a time of 1:37.37, later in the day he went on to record third place in the final in a time of 1:35.06.
Abby meanwhile posted a time of 2:44.97 to finish 20th in her 200m individual medley.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
The afternoon session saw Tania De Malglaive record a time of 1:23.83 to take 21st place in the 100m backstroke.
The club's weekend finished with Abby taking 19th in the 100m freestyle in a time of 1:05.77.
All in all, the two weekends of competition saw the five swimmers from Harpenden record five finalists including a bronze medallist.
Overall, Michael Revell finished ninth and collected the bronze medal, Juliet Merelie 43rd, Tania De Malglaive 57th, JJ Dixon 32nd and Abby Smith 14th.
Harpenden Swimming Club is a swim21 accredited Skill Development club.
If you would like more details about them, please contact them by phone 07767 683956, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website www.harpendensc.co.uk.
The Club remain keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.