Revell leads the way for Harps
HARPENDEN Swimming Club had their swimmers in action again at the weekend with another four competitors over at Norwich for the Regional BAGCAT finals. The first session on Saturday saw Michael Revell post a time of 3:29.11 to take third place in his hea
HARPENDEN Swimming Club had their swimmers in action again at the weekend with another four competitors over at Norwich for the Regional BAGCAT finals.
The first session on Saturday saw Michael Revell post a time of 3:29.11 to take third place in his heat of the 200m breastsroke. Michael then improved his time to 3:27.57 in the final, which was good enough to take fourth place.
Abby Smith followed Michael in the first session to take 15th place in the 400m freestyle in 5:01.10.
The evening session saw Michael finishing 11th in his 200m backstroke in 3:00.95 to conclude the day for the club.
Sunday saw Michael first in action again this time in the 100m breaststroke where he qualified in third place in a time of 1:37.37, later in the day he went on to record third place in the final in a time of 1:35.06.
Abby meanwhile posted a time of 2:44.97 to finish 20th in her 200m individual medley.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
The afternoon session saw Tania De Malglaive record a time of 1:23.83 to take 21st place in the 100m backstroke.
The club's weekend finished with Abby taking 19th in the 100m freestyle in a time of 1:05.77.
All in all, the two weekends of competition saw the five swimmers from Harpenden record five finalists including a bronze medallist.
Overall, Michael Revell finished ninth and collected the bronze medal, Juliet Merelie 43rd, Tania De Malglaive 57th, JJ Dixon 32nd and Abby Smith 14th.
Harpenden Swimming Club is a swim21 accredited Skill Development club.
If you would like more details about them, please contact them by phone 07767 683956, email email@example.com, or visit their website www.harpendensc.co.uk.
The Club remain keen to recruit competitive swimmers at all levels.