Resounding win for Herts Boys
HERTS BOYS Under-15s claimed a resounding victory over Herts Captains at Chesfield Downs, winning seven of the eight matches, the other being halved as the boys three-putted the last green to deny them a whitewash. Some new boys talent is emerging, with
HERTS BOYS Under-15s claimed a resounding victory over Herts Captains at Chesfield Downs, winning seven of the eight matches, the other being halved as the boys three-putted the last green to deny them a whitewash.
"Some new boys' talent is emerging, with Shaun Brosnan and Ben Smith from Sandy Lodge playing their first matches and there were some impressive tee shots and iron play from Charlie Fennelly from Bishop's Stortford," said team manager Chris James. "Selecting an under-16 squad for team training will not be easy."
In a fourball better ball format, the closest match saw Sam Cutting (Berkhamsted) and William Aldred (Mid Herts) beat Barry White (Whipsnade Park) and John Saunders (Mid Herts) 2&1, while the biggest winning margin was by Edward Horey (Brickendon Grange) and Bradley Henwood (Bushey) over Tony Bailey (Whipsnade Park) and Gordon Jenkins (Harpenden) 7&6.
Charlie Fennelly and Elliot Leonard (Harpenden Common) beat Letchworth's Alan Watson and David Williams 6&5, and Ben Smith and Charles Holroyd (Ashridge) won 7&5 over Knebworth's Andy Nemes and Dennis Robins.
You may also want to watch:
Captains' David Braid (Brookmans Park) and Stan Packham (Batchworth Park) halved their match with Craig Kearney (The Hertfordshire) and Joe Brooks (Mill Green).
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success