Relay swimmers take lead role
CITY of St Albans swimming club enjoyed an excellent result against three of the top five teams in Hertfordshire in the Herts Major League on Saturday. The Under 14s Girls medley relay team of Katie Lightowler, Anne-Marie DuPreez, Holly Winfield and Chlo
CITY of St Albans swimming club enjoyed an excellent result against three of the top five teams in Hertfordshire in the Herts Major League on Saturday.
The Under 14s Girls medley relay team of Katie Lightowler, Anne-Marie DuPreez, Holly Winfield and Chloe Beard recorded the one win for CoStA.
The squad set 28 personal bests as they raised the bar, with Christopher Milstead claiming four new best times and Katie Lightowler and Jack Baron setting three. Further best times were set by Matthew Henson, Holly Winfield, Anne-Marie DuPreez, Robbie Lightowler, Christopher Stobart, Jenny Wood, Samuel Henson, Luke Bevis, Josh Breeze, Lauren Rigby, Mackenzie Rigby and Chloe Beard.
For more information about CoSTA go to the website, www.costaasc.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
l Harpenden Swimming Club performed tremendously in the latest round of the Hertfordshire Swimming League Major League competition on Saturday.
The fourth-place finish for Harpenden puts the club in a good position going into round three in April.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
The spirit and commitment shown by the swimmers was commendable and their training and the professionalism paid off with a number of new personal bests.
The club are taking 20 swimmers to Bath on Sunday for their annual training camp where they will be training in a 50-metre pool in further preparation for County Championships in March.
For more information about Harpenden Swimming Club call 07767 683956 or the website at www.harpendensc.co.uk
l Six St Albans Masters swimmers (STAM) showed great endurance in winning a one-hour continuous relay on Saturday at the Hartham Leisure Centre, Hertford.
The swimmers, Kevin Brammer, Nikki Grady-Smith, Ann Huntingford, Craig Kirkland, Greg Simpson, Jon Thorne and in reserve Sarah Moore, completed 205 25-metre lengths in one hour. The event requires teams of up to six swimmers, over the age of 25, to swim as many lengths as they can in the hour. The minimum distance for each leg is 50 metres and it is a continuous relay with only one swimmer from each team swimming at one time.
For more information about St Albans Masters swimming club go to www.stamsc.co.uk.