Reed try secures win
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league. Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion a
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league.
Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion and penalty from Mark Gibson, left OAs trailing 20-22. With the last play of the match, fly half Charles Reed darted down the blind side to score the try and make the final score 25-22.
The OAs Under 13s B team turned in a stirring team performance in their last league match of the season to defeat Tabard 36-5 and win promotion to Division Four.
The youngsters rattled up six tries, with Jack Hood scoring a brace and singles coming from Dominic Toon, Corrie Graham, Dan Brown and Will Dean. Joshua Johnstone scored two conversions and Rowan Akers one.
You may also want to watch:
OA coaches organised a fundraising mile run around the Woollams sports fields on Sunday. The OA Under 7s and Under 8s teams and visiting squad, Bishop's Stortford, together with the coaches and selected parents ran the mile and raised nearly £400 for Sports Relief, Comic Relief and BBC Sport's fundraising initiative.
The OA Under 8s Oranges and Reds beat the Bishop's Stortford A and B teams. Sam Austen's performance earned him the Player of the Week award as the Reds won 11-5.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
The Green Squad beat Stortford C 11-5 with a hat trick of tries from Player of the Week Jacob West.
Joe Davies took the player award for the Blues who continued their recent winning form. The Yellows lost both their matches against Bishop's Stortford Bs and Cs by one try and, as the scorelines suggest, these were tight matches that could have gone either way. The player of the week awards for the Oranges and Yellows went to William Thomson and Joe Vernon respectively.