Reed try secures win
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league. Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion a
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league.
Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion and penalty from Mark Gibson, left OAs trailing 20-22. With the last play of the match, fly half Charles Reed darted down the blind side to score the try and make the final score 25-22.
The OAs Under 13s B team turned in a stirring team performance in their last league match of the season to defeat Tabard 36-5 and win promotion to Division Four.
The youngsters rattled up six tries, with Jack Hood scoring a brace and singles coming from Dominic Toon, Corrie Graham, Dan Brown and Will Dean. Joshua Johnstone scored two conversions and Rowan Akers one.
You may also want to watch:
OA coaches organised a fundraising mile run around the Woollams sports fields on Sunday. The OA Under 7s and Under 8s teams and visiting squad, Bishop's Stortford, together with the coaches and selected parents ran the mile and raised nearly £400 for Sports Relief, Comic Relief and BBC Sport's fundraising initiative.
The OA Under 8s Oranges and Reds beat the Bishop's Stortford A and B teams. Sam Austen's performance earned him the Player of the Week award as the Reds won 11-5.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
The Green Squad beat Stortford C 11-5 with a hat trick of tries from Player of the Week Jacob West.
Joe Davies took the player award for the Blues who continued their recent winning form. The Yellows lost both their matches against Bishop's Stortford Bs and Cs by one try and, as the scorelines suggest, these were tight matches that could have gone either way. The player of the week awards for the Oranges and Yellows went to William Thomson and Joe Vernon respectively.