Reed try secures win
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league. Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion a
THE OA Colts snatched a last-gasp victory from Dunstablians on Sunday to deprive the visitors of the win they needed to finish top of the Development league.
Two tries from scrum half Jonny Mills and one from number eight Joe Brouder, with a conversion and penalty from Mark Gibson, left OAs trailing 20-22. With the last play of the match, fly half Charles Reed darted down the blind side to score the try and make the final score 25-22.
The OAs Under 13s B team turned in a stirring team performance in their last league match of the season to defeat Tabard 36-5 and win promotion to Division Four.
The youngsters rattled up six tries, with Jack Hood scoring a brace and singles coming from Dominic Toon, Corrie Graham, Dan Brown and Will Dean. Joshua Johnstone scored two conversions and Rowan Akers one.
OA coaches organised a fundraising mile run around the Woollams sports fields on Sunday. The OA Under 7s and Under 8s teams and visiting squad, Bishop's Stortford, together with the coaches and selected parents ran the mile and raised nearly £400 for Sports Relief, Comic Relief and BBC Sport's fundraising initiative.
The OA Under 8s Oranges and Reds beat the Bishop's Stortford A and B teams. Sam Austen's performance earned him the Player of the Week award as the Reds won 11-5.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
The Green Squad beat Stortford C 11-5 with a hat trick of tries from Player of the Week Jacob West.
Joe Davies took the player award for the Blues who continued their recent winning form. The Yellows lost both their matches against Bishop's Stortford Bs and Cs by one try and, as the scorelines suggest, these were tight matches that could have gone either way. The player of the week awards for the Oranges and Yellows went to William Thomson and Joe Vernon respectively.