Reed ease past Harpenden Dolphins
REED’S opening partnership of Baz Curtis and Richard Johnson saw them to a winning start to the new season.
Having elected to bat first, Curtis (54) and Johnson (70) scored at a rate of 7.5 runs an over for the first 10 overs on their way to a 121-partnership for the first wicket.
Johnson was the first to reach his 50 but finally fell in the 17th over. Ian Fulk (23) went in at three and shared a partnership of 23 before Curtis was given out LBW.
Rob Lankaster (74no) produced a man of the match innings, hitting 14 boundaries as Reed declared on 270-6.
Reed’s opening attack of Tom Walsingham (3-14) and Toby Fynn (3-28) bowled with pace and control. Maseeh Naeem (4-38) took a four-wicket haul as Harpenden were dismissed for 166 in 37 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Final score: Reed 3s (270-6) beat Harpenden Dolphins (166) by 104 runs.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans