Reed ease past Harpenden Dolphins
REED’S opening partnership of Baz Curtis and Richard Johnson saw them to a winning start to the new season.
Having elected to bat first, Curtis (54) and Johnson (70) scored at a rate of 7.5 runs an over for the first 10 overs on their way to a 121-partnership for the first wicket.
Johnson was the first to reach his 50 but finally fell in the 17th over. Ian Fulk (23) went in at three and shared a partnership of 23 before Curtis was given out LBW.
Rob Lankaster (74no) produced a man of the match innings, hitting 14 boundaries as Reed declared on 270-6.
Reed’s opening attack of Tom Walsingham (3-14) and Toby Fynn (3-28) bowled with pace and control. Maseeh Naeem (4-38) took a four-wicket haul as Harpenden were dismissed for 166 in 37 overs.
Final score: Reed 3s (270-6) beat Harpenden Dolphins (166) by 104 runs.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt