Reed ease past Harpenden Dolphins
REED’S opening partnership of Baz Curtis and Richard Johnson saw them to a winning start to the new season.
Having elected to bat first, Curtis (54) and Johnson (70) scored at a rate of 7.5 runs an over for the first 10 overs on their way to a 121-partnership for the first wicket.
Johnson was the first to reach his 50 but finally fell in the 17th over. Ian Fulk (23) went in at three and shared a partnership of 23 before Curtis was given out LBW.
Rob Lankaster (74no) produced a man of the match innings, hitting 14 boundaries as Reed declared on 270-6.
Reed’s opening attack of Tom Walsingham (3-14) and Toby Fynn (3-28) bowled with pace and control. Maseeh Naeem (4-38) took a four-wicket haul as Harpenden were dismissed for 166 in 37 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Final score: Reed 3s (270-6) beat Harpenden Dolphins (166) by 104 runs.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans