All that glitters is gold as on-fire Redbourn thrash Bushey
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn continued their 100 per cent start in SHCL Division Two B with an emphatic 200-run victory at home to Bushey.
The Common-based side seemingly have the Midas touch in every thing they do at the minute as not only did they win the toss and elect to bat, but the opening partnership between Conor Yorath and Ed Hales showed this to be the right decision.
The pair put on a fantastic 175 before Hales was bowled, but not before he hit carved a superb 117 from 85 balls, including 16 fours and four sixes.
At the other end Yorath added a patient 69 and when the openers were finally both out Will Hales (34) and George Naismith (30) helped boost the score onto 298-7.
And life got even better for the home side, thanks to a stunning opening spell from Alex Salter, who ran through Bushey's top order, taking 4-18 in seven overs.
You may also want to watch:
From there four wickets for Dan Darvell (4-15) and two for Josh Arnold left Bushey all out for 98.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match