Redbourn teams aiming for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club get their season underway this weekend – with the club’s teams looking to play over 200 games between them.
Last year provided the club with plenty of promise for the forthcoming season and promotion is the aim for most.
The first XI started well in 2015 before eventually slipping to fifth in Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Division 3A.
But captain Dan Roe will be hoping to use the young and talented squad he has at his disposal to push for better this year.
Similarly the 2nds narrowly missed out on promotion from Division 6A last year yet James Bunce, the captain, will hope to replicate and build on last seasons form.
The 3rds have a change in captaincy as Duncan Lennox has stepped down due to injury.
However, it is not a bad legacy for Nigel Wellsbury to take over, with the team having back-to-back promotions and the highest points aggregate of any team in the senior Herts league last year.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
The 4ths will continue their aim to be a crucial introduction for Redbourn youth into the senior system, helped by the continuation of Rak Bajpai as skipper.