Redbourn teams aiming for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club get their season underway this weekend – with the club’s teams looking to play over 200 games between them.
Last year provided the club with plenty of promise for the forthcoming season and promotion is the aim for most.
The first XI started well in 2015 before eventually slipping to fifth in Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Division 3A.
But captain Dan Roe will be hoping to use the young and talented squad he has at his disposal to push for better this year.
Similarly the 2nds narrowly missed out on promotion from Division 6A last year yet James Bunce, the captain, will hope to replicate and build on last seasons form.
The 3rds have a change in captaincy as Duncan Lennox has stepped down due to injury.
However, it is not a bad legacy for Nigel Wellsbury to take over, with the team having back-to-back promotions and the highest points aggregate of any team in the senior Herts league last year.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
The 4ths will continue their aim to be a crucial introduction for Redbourn youth into the senior system, helped by the continuation of Rak Bajpai as skipper.