Redbourn teams aiming for promotion
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn Cricket Club get their season underway this weekend – with the club’s teams looking to play over 200 games between them.
Last year provided the club with plenty of promise for the forthcoming season and promotion is the aim for most.
The first XI started well in 2015 before eventually slipping to fifth in Saracens Hertfordshire Cricket League Division 3A.
But captain Dan Roe will be hoping to use the young and talented squad he has at his disposal to push for better this year.
Similarly the 2nds narrowly missed out on promotion from Division 6A last year yet James Bunce, the captain, will hope to replicate and build on last seasons form.
You may also want to watch:
The 3rds have a change in captaincy as Duncan Lennox has stepped down due to injury.
However, it is not a bad legacy for Nigel Wellsbury to take over, with the team having back-to-back promotions and the highest points aggregate of any team in the senior Herts league last year.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
The 4ths will continue their aim to be a crucial introduction for Redbourn youth into the senior system, helped by the continuation of Rak Bajpai as skipper.