Redbourn Taekwondo excel in national championships on return to competition
- Credit: REDBOURN TAEKWONDO
Redbourn Taekwondo Club competed in their first competition in more than 18 months - and claimed some major titles in the process.
The UK ITF National Championship was held in Hatfield with teams from all over the UK & Ireland competed for the major awards.
It attracted over 200 competitors and Redbourn were delighted with their efforts.
Star of the show was 10-year-old Zara Fitzgerald who won double gold in the sparring, coming through a bruising encounter against a Welsh competitor to win the British title, and then following it up with success in the patterns.
Rory Crafford also excelled and came home with a gold in both the patterns and sparring in a very tough division against excellent opponents.
Joel Moss took gold in the sparring and a silver in the patterns while Dylan Castillo won bronze in sparring, battling against some higher-graded opponents.
He then topped that performance with gold in patterns.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Too many dogs – when is enough, enough?
- 4 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 5 Conservative MP's response to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 6 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 7 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 8 Trees planted across Harpenden as part of environment projects
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
A spokesman for the club said: "We are so proud of such an outstanding performance from the team after such a long break from competition."