Redbourn skipper named Herts County Player of the Year
CRICKET: REDBOURN Cricket Club captain Dan Roe was one of five players named County Player of the Year. Roe was elected club captain in 2008 and in his first year he led the club s first XI to a league title and trophy double, winning Division Four by 67
CRICKET: REDBOURN Cricket Club captain Dan Roe was one of five players named County Player of the Year.
Roe was elected club captain in 2008 and in his first year he led the club's first XI to a league title and trophy double, winning Division Four by 67 points and successfully triumphing in the County Trophy.
In 2009 he captained the club to promotion into Division Two, missing out on the title by just four points, and reached the County Trophy final making him the most successful captain at Redbourn since the club won three consecutive County Cups in 1888-90.
Roe received the Man of the Match award in this year's Trophy Final, despite being on the losing side, for his gritty 80 in difficult circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
This season Dan batted 15 times, normally at number three, scoring 544 runs at an average of 45.33 and at a decent run rate of 76.95.
He scored four 50s and one hundred (127 against Chipperfield & Clarendon).
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
In his short time in the role, he has earned the respect of his team mates, club members, juniors and junior parents alike through his leadership on and off the field.