Redbourn skipper named Herts County Player of the Year
CRICKET: REDBOURN Cricket Club captain Dan Roe was one of five players named County Player of the Year. Roe was elected club captain in 2008 and in his first year he led the club s first XI to a league title and trophy double, winning Division Four by 67
CRICKET: REDBOURN Cricket Club captain Dan Roe was one of five players named County Player of the Year.
Roe was elected club captain in 2008 and in his first year he led the club's first XI to a league title and trophy double, winning Division Four by 67 points and successfully triumphing in the County Trophy.
In 2009 he captained the club to promotion into Division Two, missing out on the title by just four points, and reached the County Trophy final making him the most successful captain at Redbourn since the club won three consecutive County Cups in 1888-90.
Roe received the Man of the Match award in this year's Trophy Final, despite being on the losing side, for his gritty 80 in difficult circumstances.
This season Dan batted 15 times, normally at number three, scoring 544 runs at an average of 45.33 and at a decent run rate of 76.95.
He scored four 50s and one hundred (127 against Chipperfield & Clarendon).
- 1 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 2 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Medals, fast times and great performances for St Albans swimmers at championships
In his short time in the role, he has earned the respect of his team mates, club members, juniors and junior parents alike through his leadership on and off the field.