Redbourn quartet shine at the British Taekwondo Championship
- Credit: Archant
Four boys from Redbourn picked up medals at the UK IFT National Taekwondo Championship with three becoming British champion.
Rory Crafford, Joel Moss and brothers Scharl and Ruan du Plessis, who are part of the Team Sidhu Taekwondo Academy and train in Luton as well as Redbourn Village Hall, competed in the event at the University of Bath.
And Moss, 11, as well as the du Plessis boys, who are sons of former Saracens and now London Irish rugby player Petrus, picked up golds.
Crafford, 10, got a silver medal for heavyweight sparring after losing to Moss, who went on to claim gold in the flying technique as well.
Ruan, eight, and Scharl, 11, both won gold in the sparring discipline, with Ruan also picking up gold in the patterns final.
You may also want to watch:
Ruan was in the middleweight category and Scharl at heavyweight.
Three of the four attend Redbourn Junior School with Scharl going to Roundwood Park.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'