Redbourn quartet shine at the British Taekwondo Championship
- Credit: Archant
Four boys from Redbourn picked up medals at the UK IFT National Taekwondo Championship with three becoming British champion.
Rory Crafford, Joel Moss and brothers Scharl and Ruan du Plessis, who are part of the Team Sidhu Taekwondo Academy and train in Luton as well as Redbourn Village Hall, competed in the event at the University of Bath.
And Moss, 11, as well as the du Plessis boys, who are sons of former Saracens and now London Irish rugby player Petrus, picked up golds.
Crafford, 10, got a silver medal for heavyweight sparring after losing to Moss, who went on to claim gold in the flying technique as well.
Ruan, eight, and Scharl, 11, both won gold in the sparring discipline, with Ruan also picking up gold in the patterns final.
You may also want to watch:
Ruan was in the middleweight category and Scharl at heavyweight.
Three of the four attend Redbourn Junior School with Scharl going to Roundwood Park.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans