Redbourn lad is face of Junior Gunners
- Credit: Archant
JOSH Codling from Redbourn will be the face of Arsenal Football Club’s young membership scheme - the Junior Gunners - for the 2013/14 season.
The 10-year-old won a Junior Gunners competition to take part in the campaign, and will now feature in much of the club’s marketing material over the next year.
He was invited to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium for the photoshoot, which took place in the players’ lounge. He was also given tickets for Arsenal’s Premier League match with Norwich City in April, where he enjoyed special behind the scenes access and got to watch the teams arrive.
A massive Arsenal fan, Josh said: “I love Arsenal because I love the way they play football. It’s exciting and great to watch, they pass the ball with such skill. I love coming to the Emirates, the atmosphere is fantastic and all the fans sing together and really get behind the team.
“I love being a Junior Gunner because of all the cool stuff you get, the welcome pack, the newsletters, posters and the fantastic competitions. I have been really lucky to win a couple of competitions and everyone at the club looks after you so well. Meeting the players is just the best thing – I can’t wait to meet some more next season.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 30,000 members of the Junior Gunner scheme, which offers specially discounted tickets to young fans and the chance to meet members of the Arsenal team. Visit www.alwaysaheadofthegame.com/junior for full details.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area