Redbourn lad is face of Junior Gunners
- Credit: Archant
JOSH Codling from Redbourn will be the face of Arsenal Football Club’s young membership scheme - the Junior Gunners - for the 2013/14 season.
The 10-year-old won a Junior Gunners competition to take part in the campaign, and will now feature in much of the club’s marketing material over the next year.
He was invited to Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium for the photoshoot, which took place in the players’ lounge. He was also given tickets for Arsenal’s Premier League match with Norwich City in April, where he enjoyed special behind the scenes access and got to watch the teams arrive.
A massive Arsenal fan, Josh said: “I love Arsenal because I love the way they play football. It’s exciting and great to watch, they pass the ball with such skill. I love coming to the Emirates, the atmosphere is fantastic and all the fans sing together and really get behind the team.
“I love being a Junior Gunner because of all the cool stuff you get, the welcome pack, the newsletters, posters and the fantastic competitions. I have been really lucky to win a couple of competitions and everyone at the club looks after you so well. Meeting the players is just the best thing – I can’t wait to meet some more next season.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 30,000 members of the Junior Gunner scheme, which offers specially discounted tickets to young fans and the chance to meet members of the Arsenal team. Visit www.alwaysaheadofthegame.com/junior for full details.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival