Redbourn knocked off top spot by North Enfield
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn surrendered top spot in Saracens Herts Divison Three A after a five wicket loss to North Enfield.
Dan Roe’s team was bowled out for 144 in Saturday’s loss, which saw them fall to third in the league. North Enfield leapfrogged Redbourn into second and Old Elizabethans have a slender five-point cushion at the top.
On a morning where the toss proved pivtal, Roe lost and was put into bat by Kieran Jones, North Enfied’s skipper.
Simon Osman fended off the first over without scoring and could only watch on as his opening partner, Chris Fleming, was trapped LBW by the first ball he faced.
Osman and George Naismith steered Redbourn away from danger but three quick wickets put Enfield back on top. Osman was the first to go, clean bowled by Steve Gandy for 21, before Naismith edged behind, ending his knock at 29. Gandy then skittled Conor Yorath as Redbourn reached 52-4.
You may also want to watch:
Ben and Dan Roe put 50 runs on the board for the fifth wicket before the former was the first of Jones’ four-fer, walking back to the pavilion with 30 runs to his name. Redbourn’s skipper held the rest of the line-up together, top scoring with 39, before Jones trapped him in front and the innings closed on 144.
Having starred with the ball, Jones was Enfield’s top bat, too, with a poised, unbeaten knock of 63 off 127 ball, which included two sixes and seven fours. He scored the winning runs in the 41st over to hand Enfield a five-wicket victory and second place in the table.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images