Redbourn hosts Ladies Open
GOLF: REDBOURN Golf Club hosted its annual Ladies Open recently which drew a competitive field from across the region.
Winners of the pairs competition, played to a Stableford format, were Terri Moule and Jackie Jiggens of Cheshunt Golf Club.
The duo carded 41 points to narrowly defeat Margot Lerin and Judith Prosser of Overstone Park Hotel, Golf and Leisure Resort, with 40 points, into second place. The 22-pairs field was drawn from players representing golf clubs in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
The popular event was held over 18 holes of the challenging par-70 Ver Course at Redbourn – part of Burhill Golf and Leisure, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – that offers spectacular views over the Hertfordshire countryside.
Two ladies also had reason to celebrate on the day after securing nearest the pin prizes on par-3 holes: Helen Clegg of Bramwell Golf Club on the fourth hole and Ann Seaford of Berkhamsted Golf Club on the 16th.
You may also want to watch:
“The Open is one of the highlights of the ladies’ calendar each year and always attracts a good field,” said Tristan Hall, Redbourn general manager. “Many of the players return year after year simply because they enjoy the whole occasion – and remark how much they enjoy the course, the parkland surroundings and the friendly hospitality in our comfortable clubhouse.”
“I would like to congratulate all those who won prizes and we look forward to welcoming all the ladies back to Redbourn next year – if not sooner.”
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site