Redbourn hosts Ladies Open
GOLF: REDBOURN Golf Club hosted its annual Ladies Open recently which drew a competitive field from across the region.
Winners of the pairs competition, played to a Stableford format, were Terri Moule and Jackie Jiggens of Cheshunt Golf Club.
The duo carded 41 points to narrowly defeat Margot Lerin and Judith Prosser of Overstone Park Hotel, Golf and Leisure Resort, with 40 points, into second place. The 22-pairs field was drawn from players representing golf clubs in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
The popular event was held over 18 holes of the challenging par-70 Ver Course at Redbourn – part of Burhill Golf and Leisure, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – that offers spectacular views over the Hertfordshire countryside.
Two ladies also had reason to celebrate on the day after securing nearest the pin prizes on par-3 holes: Helen Clegg of Bramwell Golf Club on the fourth hole and Ann Seaford of Berkhamsted Golf Club on the 16th.
You may also want to watch:
“The Open is one of the highlights of the ladies’ calendar each year and always attracts a good field,” said Tristan Hall, Redbourn general manager. “Many of the players return year after year simply because they enjoy the whole occasion – and remark how much they enjoy the course, the parkland surroundings and the friendly hospitality in our comfortable clubhouse.”
“I would like to congratulate all those who won prizes and we look forward to welcoming all the ladies back to Redbourn next year – if not sooner.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images