Redbourn hosts Ladies Open
GOLF: REDBOURN Golf Club hosted its annual Ladies Open recently which drew a competitive field from across the region.
Winners of the pairs competition, played to a Stableford format, were Terri Moule and Jackie Jiggens of Cheshunt Golf Club.
The duo carded 41 points to narrowly defeat Margot Lerin and Judith Prosser of Overstone Park Hotel, Golf and Leisure Resort, with 40 points, into second place. The 22-pairs field was drawn from players representing golf clubs in Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
The popular event was held over 18 holes of the challenging par-70 Ver Course at Redbourn – part of Burhill Golf and Leisure, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – that offers spectacular views over the Hertfordshire countryside.
Two ladies also had reason to celebrate on the day after securing nearest the pin prizes on par-3 holes: Helen Clegg of Bramwell Golf Club on the fourth hole and Ann Seaford of Berkhamsted Golf Club on the 16th.
“The Open is one of the highlights of the ladies’ calendar each year and always attracts a good field,” said Tristan Hall, Redbourn general manager. “Many of the players return year after year simply because they enjoy the whole occasion – and remark how much they enjoy the course, the parkland surroundings and the friendly hospitality in our comfortable clubhouse.”
“I would like to congratulate all those who won prizes and we look forward to welcoming all the ladies back to Redbourn next year – if not sooner.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 10 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023