Redbourn Golf Club offering free lessons
- Credit: Archant
WITH the excitement of Adam Scott’s dramatic win at the Masters still fresh in the mind and the summer nearing full swing, Redbourn Golf Club is offering novices the chance to learn the game of golf.
Redbourn GC, on the outskirts of Harpenden, is one of only nine BGL Golf Clubs in the country, running Learn Golf, a teaching programme aimed at newcomers to the sport.
These free group golf lessons, run by fully qualified PGA Professionals offer a relaxed environment to learn the basics and have fun. With a maximum of eight golfers per lesson, BGL guarantee each participant will receive quality tuition and attention from a professional.
Gavin Bunker, Redbourn GC’s sales and marketing manager, said: “Golf is a fantastic game that anyone of any level can take part in. It is a great way to get some exercise and allows you to meet new people.
“It is not only a physical but mental test. Golf is a challenging but enjoyable sport and lessons can heavily improve your initial performance and really kick-start your uptake of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a number of fully qualified PGA professionals at Redbourn and one of the best practice facilities in the area boasting a putting green, chipping green, par-3 course, 18 hole course and a flood-lit driving range.”
The course involves two, one hour sessions as well as free use of clubs and balls on the driving range.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
The first session runs on Thursday May 16 and May 23 from 8-9pm. The second is on Saturday May 18 and Mat 25 from 12-1pm.
To book your place: register at www.bglgolf.co.uk/learngolf to receive the voucher for the two free lessons; call Redbourn GC on 01582 793493; and present your voucher at your first lesson.
This offer is only for over-16s, a similar course for juniors is available. Golf shoes, trainers or flat shoes are appropriate. Golfers should arrive at the club shop 10 minutes before the start of the session. For more information, visit www.redbourngolfclub.com