Redbourn Golf Club offering free lessons
- Credit: Archant
WITH the excitement of Adam Scott’s dramatic win at the Masters still fresh in the mind and the summer nearing full swing, Redbourn Golf Club is offering novices the chance to learn the game of golf.
Redbourn GC, on the outskirts of Harpenden, is one of only nine BGL Golf Clubs in the country, running Learn Golf, a teaching programme aimed at newcomers to the sport.
These free group golf lessons, run by fully qualified PGA Professionals offer a relaxed environment to learn the basics and have fun. With a maximum of eight golfers per lesson, BGL guarantee each participant will receive quality tuition and attention from a professional.
Gavin Bunker, Redbourn GC’s sales and marketing manager, said: “Golf is a fantastic game that anyone of any level can take part in. It is a great way to get some exercise and allows you to meet new people.
“It is not only a physical but mental test. Golf is a challenging but enjoyable sport and lessons can heavily improve your initial performance and really kick-start your uptake of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a number of fully qualified PGA professionals at Redbourn and one of the best practice facilities in the area boasting a putting green, chipping green, par-3 course, 18 hole course and a flood-lit driving range.”
The course involves two, one hour sessions as well as free use of clubs and balls on the driving range.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 7 Shortages crisis hits district
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
The first session runs on Thursday May 16 and May 23 from 8-9pm. The second is on Saturday May 18 and Mat 25 from 12-1pm.
To book your place: register at www.bglgolf.co.uk/learngolf to receive the voucher for the two free lessons; call Redbourn GC on 01582 793493; and present your voucher at your first lesson.
This offer is only for over-16s, a similar course for juniors is available. Golf shoes, trainers or flat shoes are appropriate. Golfers should arrive at the club shop 10 minutes before the start of the session. For more information, visit www.redbourngolfclub.com