Redbourn Golf Club looking for future stars
- Credit: Archant
REDBOURN Golf Club is searching for budding female golfers to follow in the footsteps of Ladies European Tour stars and take part in its annual Girls Open on Saturday, May 11.
Celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, the event is played over the 18-hole Ver Course and is open for young women aged 18-years-old and under from across the region.
Previous competitors in the Redbourn Girls Open include: Charlie Douglass, Hannah Burke and Lucy Williams, all of whom now play tournaments across the globe as professional golfers on the Ladies European Tour.
Charlie Douglass is an advocate of the competition she took part in as a junior golfer.
“Girls should be sure to play in this year’s Redbourn Girls Open, it’s great to get competitive. I used to love this event.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as a proving ground for aspiring professionals, Redbourn – part of BGL Golf, the UK’s leading golf course owner and operator – boasts a thriving junior section, with a fixture list packed full of coaching and competition to help young people take up and enjoy the game.
Ian McDowell, Redbourn Golf Club General Manager, said: “Our vibrant junior section has long been the source of many talented players from across the region.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
“I have always been impressed by the incredibly high standards on display at our Girls Open and I look forward to witnessing more Ladies European Tour players of tomorrow take up the challenge in May.”
For further information visit www.redbourngolfclub.co.uk or call 01582 793493.