Redbourn donate flag to Herts Golf Union to celebrate Ward’s achievements
Redbourn Golf Club honour youngest ever County Champion
GOLF: NICK Ward, Hertfordshire’s youngest ever county champion, was on hand to receive a flag donated to the Herts Golf Union in his honour.
Ward, who is just 15 years old, was crowned champion back in June after edging a tight encounter at Sandy Lodge by a shot.
The youngster was joined by Chris Murray, the Herts Golf Union secretary, to receive the flag from Tristan Hall, Redbourn Golf Club general manager.
The flag will now be passed on to the clubs of future county champions.
You may also want to watch:
Ward, an England U16 player, has been a member at Redbourn since the age of five.
Hall said: “It has been amazing watching Nick develop into such an amazing golfer. To have an international player and the youngest ever county champion as part of the club is fantastic and everyone involved from staff to the members are extremely proud to have Nick as part of our club.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
“We have seen him develop on the driving range, putting green and The Kinsbourne, our short par-3 course and now he holds the course record on The Ver, our main 18-hole golf course.
“I look forward to watching Nick develop even further, and who knows, maybe win on tour one day.”