Redbourn donate flag to Herts Golf Union to celebrate Ward’s achievements
Redbourn Golf Club honour youngest ever County Champion
GOLF: NICK Ward, Hertfordshire’s youngest ever county champion, was on hand to receive a flag donated to the Herts Golf Union in his honour.
Ward, who is just 15 years old, was crowned champion back in June after edging a tight encounter at Sandy Lodge by a shot.
The youngster was joined by Chris Murray, the Herts Golf Union secretary, to receive the flag from Tristan Hall, Redbourn Golf Club general manager.
The flag will now be passed on to the clubs of future county champions.
You may also want to watch:
Ward, an England U16 player, has been a member at Redbourn since the age of five.
Hall said: “It has been amazing watching Nick develop into such an amazing golfer. To have an international player and the youngest ever county champion as part of the club is fantastic and everyone involved from staff to the members are extremely proud to have Nick as part of our club.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success
“We have seen him develop on the driving range, putting green and The Kinsbourne, our short par-3 course and now he holds the course record on The Ver, our main 18-hole golf course.
“I look forward to watching Nick develop even further, and who knows, maybe win on tour one day.”