Herts Cricket League: Redbourn clinch promotion and the title in style at North Enfield
- Credit: Archant
There would have been joyous scenes at Redbourn Cricket Club as news reached them of their first team’s seven-wicket win at North Enfield – a result which not only confirmed their promotion from SHCL Division Three A but also gave them the title.
Having won the toss and elected to field, things immediately went their wau with Joe Dinwoodie dismissing both openers.
The hosts tired to bat cautiously but this was slow going and eventually left them all out on 169, a score well below par.
The wickets were shared around by the Redbourn bowlers, with Daniel Darvell’s 3-37 the pick of the figures.
The chase didn’t get off to the best of starts with the early dismissal of Ed Hales but fellow opener Conor Yorath and Dan Roe rid the visitors of worry, putting on 126 for the second wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Roe went for 36 but Yorath batted on, getting to 99 not out as the innings closed.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre