Herts Cricket League: Redbourn clinch promotion and the title in style at North Enfield
- Credit: Archant
There would have been joyous scenes at Redbourn Cricket Club as news reached them of their first team’s seven-wicket win at North Enfield – a result which not only confirmed their promotion from SHCL Division Three A but also gave them the title.
Having won the toss and elected to field, things immediately went their wau with Joe Dinwoodie dismissing both openers.
The hosts tired to bat cautiously but this was slow going and eventually left them all out on 169, a score well below par.
The wickets were shared around by the Redbourn bowlers, with Daniel Darvell’s 3-37 the pick of the figures.
The chase didn’t get off to the best of starts with the early dismissal of Ed Hales but fellow opener Conor Yorath and Dan Roe rid the visitors of worry, putting on 126 for the second wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Roe went for 36 but Yorath batted on, getting to 99 not out as the innings closed.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival