Redbourn bowled out for 101 in loss
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn were bowled out for 101 in a 70-run loss to Hatfield Hyde.
Mubashir Hussain was Redbourn’s executioner-in-chief, taking four wickets from his 10 overs.
Simon Osborn was his first scalp as he beat him all ends up in the third over. Osborn walked for nine and four overs later Dave Irwin was back in the clubhouse having been trapped in front by Hussain. His 19 was Redbourn’s top score in a line-up that never got to grips with the bowling.
Saim Rajput got the first of his two wickets to Chris Yorath before Hussain completed his four-wicket haul to reduce Redbourn to 63-5.
Adam Pritchard (18) and Ahmed Faiz (12) led a brief resistance, putting 34 runs on the board for the seventh wicket, before the partnership was ended when Faiz was trapped in front by Andrew Godbold.
You may also want to watch:
The final three wickets fell in six balls as Redbourn were skittled bowled out 70 runs shy of their target.
Earlier in the day, Dean Flynn had taken his second best figures of the season, 4-17, and Pritchard had snared three wickets, but it was all in vain as Redbourn’s batting line-up faltered badly.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans