Redbourn bowled out for 101 in loss
- Credit: Archant
Redbourn were bowled out for 101 in a 70-run loss to Hatfield Hyde.
Mubashir Hussain was Redbourn’s executioner-in-chief, taking four wickets from his 10 overs.
Simon Osborn was his first scalp as he beat him all ends up in the third over. Osborn walked for nine and four overs later Dave Irwin was back in the clubhouse having been trapped in front by Hussain. His 19 was Redbourn’s top score in a line-up that never got to grips with the bowling.
Saim Rajput got the first of his two wickets to Chris Yorath before Hussain completed his four-wicket haul to reduce Redbourn to 63-5.
Adam Pritchard (18) and Ahmed Faiz (12) led a brief resistance, putting 34 runs on the board for the seventh wicket, before the partnership was ended when Faiz was trapped in front by Andrew Godbold.
You may also want to watch:
The final three wickets fell in six balls as Redbourn were skittled bowled out 70 runs shy of their target.
Earlier in the day, Dean Flynn had taken his second best figures of the season, 4-17, and Pritchard had snared three wickets, but it was all in vain as Redbourn’s batting line-up faltered badly.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans