Redbourn are in red-hot form
REDBOURN made it three wins in a row with a comfortable victory away at Southgate Adelaide in Division Three of the Saracens Herts League.
Redbourn won the toss and elected to bowl first.
Despite struggling to keep the run rate down, Redbourn were soon in amongst the wickets with opening bowlers Darren Bassill and Jon Fleming taking a wicket apiece.
However, it was the introduction of spin twins Dan Roe and Dan Darvell that changed the game.
The Southgate batsman had no answer to their flight and guile as wickets fell at regular intervals to leave the home team struggling at 103-9.
You may also want to watch:
The Southgate tail enders gave them a glimmer of hope, putting on 34 for the last wicket, before a run out by Jonty Madyembwa ended the innings on 137.
Roe ended with excellent figures of 4-31 from 18 overs with Darvell not too far behind with 2-14 from nine.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
In reply, opener Paul Smith impressed with 43 including two sixes and Dan Roe capped a fine individual performance with 43 not out as he and James Bunce (27 not out) ensured that Redbourn cruised to their target inside 37 overs for the loss of just two wickets as they move up to sixth in the table.