Redbourn are in red-hot form
REDBOURN made it three wins in a row with a comfortable victory away at Southgate Adelaide in Division Three of the Saracens Herts League.
Redbourn won the toss and elected to bowl first.
Despite struggling to keep the run rate down, Redbourn were soon in amongst the wickets with opening bowlers Darren Bassill and Jon Fleming taking a wicket apiece.
However, it was the introduction of spin twins Dan Roe and Dan Darvell that changed the game.
The Southgate batsman had no answer to their flight and guile as wickets fell at regular intervals to leave the home team struggling at 103-9.
The Southgate tail enders gave them a glimmer of hope, putting on 34 for the last wicket, before a run out by Jonty Madyembwa ended the innings on 137.
Roe ended with excellent figures of 4-31 from 18 overs with Darvell not too far behind with 2-14 from nine.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 9 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 10 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
In reply, opener Paul Smith impressed with 43 including two sixes and Dan Roe capped a fine individual performance with 43 not out as he and James Bunce (27 not out) ensured that Redbourn cruised to their target inside 37 overs for the loss of just two wickets as they move up to sixth in the table.