Record breakers Colney Heath win again as Lions are dumped out of FA Vase
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath made it seven wins out of seven this season and set a club record of 18 games undefeated, a streak going back to March, thanks to a 4-0 win at home to London Lions in the FA Vase.
Three goals in the opening 25 minutes did the damage for the Magpies who host Haverhill Rovers in the next round, the side they beat 6-1 in the FA Cup in Suffolk last month.
Jon Clements started the rout on five minutes and hit the bar shortly after as the Magpies pressed.
The second soon arrived though on 15 minutes, Taylor Cobb linking with Spencer Clarke-Mardel to set up George Devine for the finish.
Jack Woods made it three with a shot off the underside of the bar and from there the home side managed the game well.
Charlie May had to make a couple of good saves but the Magpies could have had more before finally making it four with five minutes remaining.
Andy Sears-Black got it from the edge of the box with a sweet low drive.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival