Record-breaker Hannah hits hole in one
HANNAH BURKE set a new course record and also holed in one while playing in the qualifying rounds of the South East Championships at Chipping Norton Golf Club last week. Herts won the County Shield, Hannah won the intermediate shield
HANNAH BURKE set a new course record and also holed in one while playing in the qualifying rounds of the South East Championships at Chipping Norton Golf Club last week.
Herts won the County Shield, Hannah won the intermediate shield and earlier had been invited to represent the English Women's Golf Association at the English Ladies Open at The Oxfordshire, but missed the cut by two strokes.
Herts had a team aggregate score of 430 to win the shield, the best three scores out of four over 36 holes to count, with county champion Lucy Williams having 73 73, Hannah Burke 71 65 and Harriet Key 73 75, the trio going through to the match play stages.
Charlie Douglas, who shot 79 72, had played in the pre-qualifying at The Berkshire the previous day for the Ricoh British Ladies Open and won through to play in the final qualifying over the same course on Monday (28th), with the event starting on Thursday (31st).
Hannah holed in one during a practice round and her second round 65 beat the previous course record by two strokes
In the match play, Harriet Key had an outstanding battle against Katherine O'Connor (Oxfordshire), being all square after 18 holes and again at the 19th, only to lose to a birdie at the 20th. Hannah Burke won her first match against Katie Mundy (Hampshire), then went out in the afternoon to Tilly Holden (Oxfordshire), while Lucy Williams lost to Ellis Keenan (Sunningdale), the eventual winner.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 8 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
In all, nine Herts girls tee off in the English Ladies Strokeplay Championship at The Berkshire this week - in addition to those mentioned above, Charlie Field, Alison Franklin, Lucy Glyn, Lucinda Mileham and Clare Partridge.