Ranjit Sehmbi grabs debut goal as St Albans beat Bedford
- Credit: Chris Hobson
Ranjit Sehmbi scored on his league debut for St Albans Hockey Club as the men’s first team beat Bedford.
Sehmbi’s goal, against his former club, helped his new side to a 4-2 win.
Roy Scott, Craig Smith and Alan Miller got the other goals.
The 2nds beat Guildford 2nds 3-0 with two from Scott Apps and one from David Oswin.
There were also wins for the 4ths, 5-4 against Vauxhall, the 5ths, 3-2 against Berkhamsted 3rds and the 6ths, 4-3 over Bedford Vets.
You may also want to watch:
The 7ths drew 0-0 with Berkhamsted 4ths.
Meanwhile in the ladies section, the first team smashed five, claiming a 5-1 victory against Ipswich in the Women’s Conference East league.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
Ellie Watton (two), Natasha Humphris, Sarah Embrey and Emily Panniers all found their way onto the scoresheet.
The seconds drew 0-0 with Old Loughtonians and the Boadiceas also earned a point with a 2-2 draw against West Herts 4ths at Oaklands.
Lou Jackman and Helen Anton scored for the home team.
The 3rds did get the win against West Herts, winning 3-2 against the seconds, courtesy of Helen Waddell and Libe Fadrique Olaberria goals.