Ranjit Sehmbi grabs debut goal as St Albans beat Bedford
- Credit: Chris Hobson
Ranjit Sehmbi scored on his league debut for St Albans Hockey Club as the men’s first team beat Bedford.
Sehmbi’s goal, against his former club, helped his new side to a 4-2 win.
Roy Scott, Craig Smith and Alan Miller got the other goals.
The 2nds beat Guildford 2nds 3-0 with two from Scott Apps and one from David Oswin.
There were also wins for the 4ths, 5-4 against Vauxhall, the 5ths, 3-2 against Berkhamsted 3rds and the 6ths, 4-3 over Bedford Vets.
You may also want to watch:
The 7ths drew 0-0 with Berkhamsted 4ths.
Meanwhile in the ladies section, the first team smashed five, claiming a 5-1 victory against Ipswich in the Women’s Conference East league.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
Ellie Watton (two), Natasha Humphris, Sarah Embrey and Emily Panniers all found their way onto the scoresheet.
The seconds drew 0-0 with Old Loughtonians and the Boadiceas also earned a point with a 2-2 draw against West Herts 4ths at Oaklands.
Lou Jackman and Helen Anton scored for the home team.
The 3rds did get the win against West Herts, winning 3-2 against the seconds, courtesy of Helen Waddell and Libe Fadrique Olaberria goals.