Rangers raise the bar with quality goals
St Albans Rangers A SUBLIME finish from Sam Carrington-Kennedy and a cheeky effort from Christy Torrens sealed a 2-0 win for the Under 18s against Potters Bar in the County Cup. Chris Hamilton was superb in midfield but Man of the Match
St Albans Rangers
A SUBLIME finish from Sam Carrington-Kennedy and a cheeky effort from Christy Torrens sealed a 2-0 win for the Under 18s against Potters Bar in the County Cup. Chris Hamilton was superb in midfield but Man of the Match went to Michael Wood for his outstanding display.
The Under 16s romped to a comprehensive 4-0 win over Sawbridgeworth Blue in the County Cup. Man of the Match Matt Chapman scored a clinical hat trick in the first half, and Matt Lawrence shot just wide after storming through the heart of the defence. Luke Joyner added a fourth in the second half, and Luke Howkins celebrated a clean sheet in goal with some very brave saves and a fingertip deflection onto the post from a penalty.
Enzo Davino scored a 20-yard free kick and Man of the Match Jack Connolly struck a 25 yard curler into the top corner as the Under 15s impressed in their first league match of the campaign, but went down 4-2 to London Colney Colts South.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 13s lost out 3-0 to Northwood in the League Cup. Defenders Alex Corley and Ross Carson played well for Rangers while the Man of the Match award was presented to midfielder Stevie Kench.
Goals from Man of the Match Callum Moriarty (four), Michael Kingsbury (two), Ben St Clair (two), James Aviles, Ozzie Ogbebor and captain Kie Thompson secured an 11-1 win for the Under 12s Reds against Boxmoor Eagles. Harry Eames played particularly well and there were also good performances from Nathan Stiffin, Anthony Stevens, Brad Block and William Curtis.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
In the Challenge Cup, the Under 10s Blues lost 5-1 to Northwood. Defenders Ryan Flanagan and Man of the Match Zac Dambrauskas played well for the Blues. Charlie Irvine scored a fine consolation goal.
The Under 10s Red lost 7-1 away to Hadley Wood Herons in the Challenge Cup.
Alex Tyers scored a magnificent free-kick and Man of the Match was jointly awarded to Ben Thomas-Bolton and Daniel Bradly.