Rangers defeated in thriller
The U18s Whites lost 5-3 to Finchley Revolution in an end-to-end game. Rangers went ahead twice in the first half through a Tom Pike free kick and a precision header from Sam Carrington but it ended 2-2 at the break. Finchley took the lead but Matt Lawren
The U18s Whites lost 5-3 to Finchley Revolution in an end-to-end game. Rangers went ahead twice in the first half through a Tom Pike free kick and a precision header from Sam Carrington but it ended 2-2 at the break. Finchley took the lead but Matt Lawrence dinked the ball through the keeper's legs to equalise. Rangers pressed further but were caught twice on the break. Man of the Match Joe Caunce suffered a serious leg injury towards the end of the game, and we wish him a speedy recovery.
The U16s were beaten 3-6 to Wheathamsted Wanderers. Rangers were 1-2 down at half time with a goal from Alex Newman. Rangers battled well with two more goals coming from Newman but fell away in the last 10 minutes of the game. Man of the Match went to Goalkeeper Jamie Hughes.
The U14s got off to a faltering start at home to newcomers Watford Youth. Having started brightly enough with a scrambled opener by Liam Fennessy, Rangers went further ahead through a wonderful individual effort by Connor McGrath. In the second half Watford Youth piled on the pressure and two aerial strikes brought them level and they nicked winner in injury time despite a Man of the Match performance from Edward Tsang.
The U11s Blues played their first 11 a-side match against a physical and highly competitive Sun Postal Team. Sun Postal opened the scoring early in the first half and soon established a 2-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel Angus pulled one back to enable Rangers to get back into the game and Ryan Nicholson tapped in the equaliser from a superb free kick by Jack Simpson. However Sun Postal proved to be the stronger side and by the break had a 5-2 lead.
Sun Postal kept up the pressure, and despite a goal from Charlie Irvine, they surged ahead. Man of the Match was Matthew Jubb for a fine debut performance.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?