Rangers beat Oakhill
St Albans Rangers GOALS from Nathan Connolly, Man of the Match Chris Hamilton and Christy Torrens secured a 3-1 win for the Under 18s Reds against Oakhill. The Under 16s performed well but had to settle for a 2-2 draw with Croxley Guild. Scott Dodman
St Albans Rangers
GOALS from Nathan Connolly, Man of the Match Chris Hamilton and Christy Torrens secured a 3-1 win for the Under 18s Reds against Oakhill.
The Under 16s performed well but had to settle for a 2-2 draw with Croxley Guild. Scott Dodman powered home a header from a Jack Faulder corner and Joe Caunce rifled home from a cleverly taken Matt Lawrence free kick. Luke Howkins made some brave saves in goal, and Tom Mardon and Man of the Match Charlie Craigen were imposing in defence.
Stevie Kench and James Plummer scored as the Under 13s went down 6-2 in a bruising encounter at Limassol.
You may also want to watch:
The Under 13s Belles played their third league match of the season on Saturday away to Bedwell Rangers in the new Hertfordshire Girls Football Partnership League. Katie Cronin finished off a good run into the box with a crashing shot into the top corner. The impressive Jessica Duff finished off a passing move just outside the six-yard box and Katie Cronin scored her second with some neat footwork and a calm finish. The final score was 4-3 to Bedwell. Good performances from captain Karla Simpson, Katie Cronin, Ellie Maidment and Jessica Duff, with Player of the Match awarded to Emily Ashley for her desire and effort in central midfield.
The impressive Mac Keating scored twice as the Under 12s Reds beat Abbotts Youth 2-0. Rangers defended well with an excellent performance from James Aviles and some solid goalkeeping from William Curtis. Man of the Match went to Callum Moriarty.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
The Under 10s Red's winning run came to an end against a very physical AEK FC team. Daniel Bradley and Joshua Emmins scored for Rangers but the home side fought back, winning 4-2. Man of the Match was jointly awarded to Benjamin Scott and Joshua Emmins.
Goalkeeper Jack Simpson was named Man of the Match but could not save the Under 10s Blues from a 2-0 loss against Pinnacle. Harry Mardell and Charlie Irvine had the best efforts for Rangers.
The Under 9s Reds suffered their first defeat of the season to a very strong Cassiobury Rangers Clarets side, going down 4-1.
The Under 9s Blue got their campaign off to a glorious start with a 5-1 win against Cassiobury Rangers Royals. It was a very good performance from Rangers.