Randall leads Radlett challenge
Division Two Radlett II 223-8 (50) Flitwick 200-10 (47) RADLETT II continued their fine campaign with victory at Cobden Hill on the bottom pitch against Flitwick on Saturday. A solid batting performance from the top order set a target of 224.
Radlett II 223-8 (50) Flitwick 200-10 (47)
RADLETT II continued their fine campaign with victory at Cobden Hill on the bottom pitch against Flitwick on Saturday.
A solid batting performance from the top order set a target of 224. Jim Chaudry hit 38 and Simon Randall scored 44. David Robinson (26), John Barr (30), James Lewis (29) and Sheilen Patel (28) all contributed good knocks.
In reply, Stuart Browne (4 for 28) kept it tight with the ball and Sheilen Patel came good at the end with 5 for 60 to seal a 23-run victory, with Flitwick all out for 200.
Prabhu Arumugam took the first three wickets for Radlett III at Wormley in Division Four on Saturday. Prabhu went on to pick up 5 for 33 and Ross Carpenter claimed four wickets.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
The 115 target was achieved thanks largely to Shamit Nathwani (43) and Zahur Gitay (27). Radlett finished the job on 116-5 with Nick Ingram (11 not out) and Arumugam (12 not out) at the crease.
Once Jamie Wells (42) departed, Radlett IV had Kailash Morjaria (68) and the lower order to thank for being able to post a reasonable target of 170 to win in Division Six.
In reply, Hertford III never came close as Neil Lederman bowled superbly to take 5 for 16 in 14 overs. Shameel Ahmed and Chandana Meepegama each took two wickets.
Radlett V fell to what is now a rare, defeat at home to Welwyn Garden City IV on Saturday in Division 11.
Despite having a number of potentially match-winning batters in the side, they slumped to 120 all out. Mayur Hindocha top scored with 35 not out for Radlett.
In reply, Daniel Cohen weighed in with three wickets but WGC IV were comfortable winners by five wickets.
With one game left, Radlett can look back on a strong second half to their season and a safe mid-table place after their slow start to their campaign.