Randall leads Radlett challenge
Division Two Radlett II 223-8 (50) Flitwick 200-10 (47) RADLETT II continued their fine campaign with victory at Cobden Hill on the bottom pitch against Flitwick on Saturday. A solid batting performance from the top order set a target of 224.
Radlett II 223-8 (50) Flitwick 200-10 (47)
RADLETT II continued their fine campaign with victory at Cobden Hill on the bottom pitch against Flitwick on Saturday.
A solid batting performance from the top order set a target of 224. Jim Chaudry hit 38 and Simon Randall scored 44. David Robinson (26), John Barr (30), James Lewis (29) and Sheilen Patel (28) all contributed good knocks.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Stuart Browne (4 for 28) kept it tight with the ball and Sheilen Patel came good at the end with 5 for 60 to seal a 23-run victory, with Flitwick all out for 200.
Prabhu Arumugam took the first three wickets for Radlett III at Wormley in Division Four on Saturday. Prabhu went on to pick up 5 for 33 and Ross Carpenter claimed four wickets.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
The 115 target was achieved thanks largely to Shamit Nathwani (43) and Zahur Gitay (27). Radlett finished the job on 116-5 with Nick Ingram (11 not out) and Arumugam (12 not out) at the crease.
Once Jamie Wells (42) departed, Radlett IV had Kailash Morjaria (68) and the lower order to thank for being able to post a reasonable target of 170 to win in Division Six.
In reply, Hertford III never came close as Neil Lederman bowled superbly to take 5 for 16 in 14 overs. Shameel Ahmed and Chandana Meepegama each took two wickets.
Radlett V fell to what is now a rare, defeat at home to Welwyn Garden City IV on Saturday in Division 11.
Despite having a number of potentially match-winning batters in the side, they slumped to 120 all out. Mayur Hindocha top scored with 35 not out for Radlett.
In reply, Daniel Cohen weighed in with three wickets but WGC IV were comfortable winners by five wickets.
With one game left, Radlett can look back on a strong second half to their season and a safe mid-table place after their slow start to their campaign.