Confident Ralston Gabriel ready to unleash himself and his goals on the National League South for St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ralston Gabriel has made a bold claim that is sure to warm the hearts of the St Albans City fans – give me the ball and I will score.
The 27-year-old striker finalised his move from Haringey Borough earlier in the week.
And after scoring 32 goals as the Coles Park club’s season culminated in promotion to the Bostik Premier Division via the play-offs, Saints’ new man believes he can help fire his new employers to an equally-successful year.
“I think we’ll do well and especially if you’ve got a goalscorer like me in there, we’ll get goals,” he said with a smile. “As long as we defend well, goals won’t be a problem.
“The confidence is there, always.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very happy [to have signed for St Albans]. I had a lot of offers but I think this one was right for me.
“I couldn’t come to an agreement with Haringey but I wanted to try myself at a higher level so it was just the best thing for me to leave.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
“Now is the time is to really push myself and see what I can do.”