Confident Ralston Gabriel ready to unleash himself and his goals on the National League South for St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ralston Gabriel has made a bold claim that is sure to warm the hearts of the St Albans City fans – give me the ball and I will score.
The 27-year-old striker finalised his move from Haringey Borough earlier in the week.
And after scoring 32 goals as the Coles Park club’s season culminated in promotion to the Bostik Premier Division via the play-offs, Saints’ new man believes he can help fire his new employers to an equally-successful year.
“I think we’ll do well and especially if you’ve got a goalscorer like me in there, we’ll get goals,” he said with a smile. “As long as we defend well, goals won’t be a problem.
“The confidence is there, always.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m very happy [to have signed for St Albans]. I had a lot of offers but I think this one was right for me.
“I couldn’t come to an agreement with Haringey but I wanted to try myself at a higher level so it was just the best thing for me to leave.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
“Now is the time is to really push myself and see what I can do.”