Confident Ralston Gabriel ready to unleash himself and his goals on the National League South for St Albans City
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ralston Gabriel has made a bold claim that is sure to warm the hearts of the St Albans City fans – give me the ball and I will score.
The 27-year-old striker finalised his move from Haringey Borough earlier in the week.
And after scoring 32 goals as the Coles Park club’s season culminated in promotion to the Bostik Premier Division via the play-offs, Saints’ new man believes he can help fire his new employers to an equally-successful year.
“I think we’ll do well and especially if you’ve got a goalscorer like me in there, we’ll get goals,” he said with a smile. “As long as we defend well, goals won’t be a problem.
“The confidence is there, always.
“I’m very happy [to have signed for St Albans]. I had a lot of offers but I think this one was right for me.
“I couldn’t come to an agreement with Haringey but I wanted to try myself at a higher level so it was just the best thing for me to leave.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
“Now is the time is to really push myself and see what I can do.”