Ralston Gabriel makes four as St Albans City ramp up National South preparations
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ralston Gabriel has been named as St Albans City’s fourth summer signing.
The striker has featured in both of City’s pre-season games this week and put pen to paper on a contract to end weeks of speculation.
Gabriel played a big part in former club Haringey Borough’s successful Bostik League North Division campaign last year with the White Hart Lane-based club earning promotion via the play-offs.
He finished on 32 goals, including four hat-tricks, and scored the second from the penalty spot in their 3-1 play-off final victory over Canvey Island at Coles Park.
City manager Ian Allinson was delighted to get his man after his summer pursuit and says he has all the attributes to succeed in the National South.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “He’s 27 now and he’s at that age where he wants to be playing at a higher level so we’re delighted to have him on board.
“I believe that good strikers will always score goals as long as they have the service, so with the quality of players we already have here at the club, this will be the perfect platform for him to progress and help the team in the process.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations