Ralston Gabriel makes four as St Albans City ramp up National South preparations
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Ralston Gabriel has been named as St Albans City’s fourth summer signing.
The striker has featured in both of City’s pre-season games this week and put pen to paper on a contract to end weeks of speculation.
Gabriel played a big part in former club Haringey Borough’s successful Bostik League North Division campaign last year with the White Hart Lane-based club earning promotion via the play-offs.
He finished on 32 goals, including four hat-tricks, and scored the second from the penalty spot in their 3-1 play-off final victory over Canvey Island at Coles Park.
City manager Ian Allinson was delighted to get his man after his summer pursuit and says he has all the attributes to succeed in the National South.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “He’s 27 now and he’s at that age where he wants to be playing at a higher level so we’re delighted to have him on board.
“I believe that good strikers will always score goals as long as they have the service, so with the quality of players we already have here at the club, this will be the perfect platform for him to progress and help the team in the process.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital