Rain the enemy as London Colney denied victory at Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
London Colney first team put in a solid batting performance in SHCL Division Six A before rain deprived them a chance of victory at Redbourn 2nds.
Stoppages were always likely but despite losing the toss and being put into bat, Colney put a decent 212-6 on the board.
Mitch Bradley (49) and Graham Seymour (54) laid down a good partnership and the above-average score, on a wicket that definitely offered something for the bowlers, gave the Green Street club hopes of the win.
And when Andy Coley took an early wicket, those hopes increased.
But with Redbourn on 28-1 the heavens opened and the match was abandoned.
You may also want to watch:
The 2nd team however fared much better and recorded their first win of the season in Division Nine B against Preston 3rds.
It was largely thanks to the return of Uzman Zaman who took 5-12 in a good spell of bowling before 16* helped them over the line.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems