Rain the enemy as London Colney denied victory at Redbourn
- Credit: Archant
London Colney first team put in a solid batting performance in SHCL Division Six A before rain deprived them a chance of victory at Redbourn 2nds.
Stoppages were always likely but despite losing the toss and being put into bat, Colney put a decent 212-6 on the board.
Mitch Bradley (49) and Graham Seymour (54) laid down a good partnership and the above-average score, on a wicket that definitely offered something for the bowlers, gave the Green Street club hopes of the win.
And when Andy Coley took an early wicket, those hopes increased.
But with Redbourn on 28-1 the heavens opened and the match was abandoned.
The 2nd team however fared much better and recorded their first win of the season in Division Nine B against Preston 3rds.
It was largely thanks to the return of Uzman Zaman who took 5-12 in a good spell of bowling before 16* helped them over the line.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans