Rain delays fail to slow down Sandridge 2nds
Sandridge 2nds gained ground on the top teams on SHL Division Nine by winning their match in a rain-effected weekend.
Sandridge travelled to North Mymms 3rds and, despite the wet weather, there was only a 30 minute delayed start.
Sandridge won the toss and put the opposite into bat. Immediately, opening bowlers Ricky Panting (3-26) and Graham Perrin (6-17) made inroads to a poor Mymms batting line-up.
The hosts were finally dismissed in 27 overs for a paltry 47.
Play was then suspended for three hours following another downpour. Eventually the ground dried out thanks to the considerable efforts of the Sandridge players.
You may also want to watch:
Then openers Matt Scott (22*) and Mark Harris (20*) saw Sandridge to victory by 10 wickets and joint top of the division table.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre