Rain delays fail to slow down Sandridge 2nds
Sandridge 2nds gained ground on the top teams on SHL Division Nine by winning their match in a rain-effected weekend.
Sandridge travelled to North Mymms 3rds and, despite the wet weather, there was only a 30 minute delayed start.
Sandridge won the toss and put the opposite into bat. Immediately, opening bowlers Ricky Panting (3-26) and Graham Perrin (6-17) made inroads to a poor Mymms batting line-up.
The hosts were finally dismissed in 27 overs for a paltry 47.
Play was then suspended for three hours following another downpour. Eventually the ground dried out thanks to the considerable efforts of the Sandridge players.
You may also want to watch:
Then openers Matt Scott (22*) and Mark Harris (20*) saw Sandridge to victory by 10 wickets and joint top of the division table.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath