Radlett Women rush to victory over Twickenham
Radlett Women tore Twickenham apart to register their first win of the Southern League Championship season.
Twickenham were no match for the Cobden Hill outfit as they were bowled out for a paltry 45 and failed to dismiss a single batter in the 10-wicket loss.
Having lost the toss and been put into the field, Hannah Smith’s side were sharp in the field and quickly found their range with the ball.
All five bowlers used were among the wickets, no more so than Laura Owen who claimed 3-8 from five overs on her debut.
Only Twickehnam skipper Sunny Pottay (19) made a double figure score as her side were dismissed for just 45.
In reply, 2014 player of the year Anna Harris (32*) was in a hurry as she bludgeoned five boundaries, while Smith (4*) stood at the non-striker’s end and admired.
Radlett reached their target in a mere 4.4 overs to get their season up and running in style.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school