Radlett Women rush to victory over Twickenham
Radlett Women tore Twickenham apart to register their first win of the Southern League Championship season.
Twickenham were no match for the Cobden Hill outfit as they were bowled out for a paltry 45 and failed to dismiss a single batter in the 10-wicket loss.
Having lost the toss and been put into the field, Hannah Smith’s side were sharp in the field and quickly found their range with the ball.
All five bowlers used were among the wickets, no more so than Laura Owen who claimed 3-8 from five overs on her debut.
Only Twickehnam skipper Sunny Pottay (19) made a double figure score as her side were dismissed for just 45.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, 2014 player of the year Anna Harris (32*) was in a hurry as she bludgeoned five boundaries, while Smith (4*) stood at the non-striker’s end and admired.
Radlett reached their target in a mere 4.4 overs to get their season up and running in style.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans