Radlett Women rush to victory over Twickenham
Radlett Women tore Twickenham apart to register their first win of the Southern League Championship season.
Twickenham were no match for the Cobden Hill outfit as they were bowled out for a paltry 45 and failed to dismiss a single batter in the 10-wicket loss.
Having lost the toss and been put into the field, Hannah Smith’s side were sharp in the field and quickly found their range with the ball.
All five bowlers used were among the wickets, no more so than Laura Owen who claimed 3-8 from five overs on her debut.
Only Twickehnam skipper Sunny Pottay (19) made a double figure score as her side were dismissed for just 45.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, 2014 player of the year Anna Harris (32*) was in a hurry as she bludgeoned five boundaries, while Smith (4*) stood at the non-striker’s end and admired.
Radlett reached their target in a mere 4.4 overs to get their season up and running in style.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads