Radlett win Herts Cup
Herts County Cup Final Radlett 212-8 beat Potters Bar 109 by 103 runs RADLETT won the Herts County Cup for the fifth time as they demolished Potters Bar in the final at Shenley on Sunday. Leo Sandino-Taylor and Kabir Toor got Radlett off to a steady start
Herts County Cup Final
Radlett 212-8 beat Potters Bar 109 by 103 runs
RADLETT won the Herts County Cup for the fifth time as they demolished Potters Bar in the final at Shenley on Sunday.
Leo Sandino-Taylor and Kabir Toor got Radlett off to a steady start before Sandino-Taylor (17) nicked one to Dave Breeze in the slips with 37 on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Toor and Tom Jenkins pushed the scoreboard along smashing Will van der Maat for 25 from his two powerplay overs as Radlett reached 50 in the 12th over.
Toor (43) hit van der Maat for three successive fours before hitting one to Chris Lagana at mid-on.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
A disastrous run-out saw skipper Burger back in the pavilion but Radlett recovered as Jenkins and Fakir Dungaria scored with ease.
Jenkins eventually went for 41 and Dungaria (17) followed two overs later as Radlett slipped to 130-5.
Potters Bar upped the tempo and, when John Barr went for five with Paul Barker following shortly afterwards, Radlett were in all sorts of trouble.
However, Mike Crocker and Heath Paynter batted well taking their side past 200.
Paynter was dismissed for 20 but Crocker (40no) was joined by brother Robbie and they got Radlett to 212 from their allotted overs.
Radlett needed an early breakthrough and they got it as Robbie Crocket caught Breeze.
Potters Bar were going along nicely but Paynter removed Nesan Jeyaratnam and Radlett had van der Maat run out.
This sparked an almighty collapse.
Tanweer Sikandar was caught by Mike Crocker, Len Cooper was adjudged lbw and, despite a brief spell of resistance from Shaffy Khalid and Chris Swainland, the wickets continued to tumble as Bar lost five wickets for one run.
Burger took a catch to remove Swainland before a mix-up between the batsmen saw Khalid run out.
Barker bowled Lagana and Burger caught Jared Norman off of Dungaria.
The last man to go was Charlie Hodge who was caught at mid-on by Barr to ensure the cup returned to Cobden Hill.