Radlett win Herts Cup
Herts County Cup Final Radlett 212-8 beat Potters Bar 109 by 103 runs RADLETT won the Herts County Cup for the fifth time as they demolished Potters Bar in the final at Shenley on Sunday. Leo Sandino-Taylor and Kabir Toor got Radlett off to a steady start
Herts County Cup Final
Radlett 212-8 beat Potters Bar 109 by 103 runs
RADLETT won the Herts County Cup for the fifth time as they demolished Potters Bar in the final at Shenley on Sunday.
Leo Sandino-Taylor and Kabir Toor got Radlett off to a steady start before Sandino-Taylor (17) nicked one to Dave Breeze in the slips with 37 on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Toor and Tom Jenkins pushed the scoreboard along smashing Will van der Maat for 25 from his two powerplay overs as Radlett reached 50 in the 12th over.
Toor (43) hit van der Maat for three successive fours before hitting one to Chris Lagana at mid-on.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
A disastrous run-out saw skipper Burger back in the pavilion but Radlett recovered as Jenkins and Fakir Dungaria scored with ease.
Jenkins eventually went for 41 and Dungaria (17) followed two overs later as Radlett slipped to 130-5.
Potters Bar upped the tempo and, when John Barr went for five with Paul Barker following shortly afterwards, Radlett were in all sorts of trouble.
However, Mike Crocker and Heath Paynter batted well taking their side past 200.
Paynter was dismissed for 20 but Crocker (40no) was joined by brother Robbie and they got Radlett to 212 from their allotted overs.
Radlett needed an early breakthrough and they got it as Robbie Crocket caught Breeze.
Potters Bar were going along nicely but Paynter removed Nesan Jeyaratnam and Radlett had van der Maat run out.
This sparked an almighty collapse.
Tanweer Sikandar was caught by Mike Crocker, Len Cooper was adjudged lbw and, despite a brief spell of resistance from Shaffy Khalid and Chris Swainland, the wickets continued to tumble as Bar lost five wickets for one run.
Burger took a catch to remove Swainland before a mix-up between the batsmen saw Khalid run out.
Barker bowled Lagana and Burger caught Jared Norman off of Dungaria.
The last man to go was Charlie Hodge who was caught at mid-on by Barr to ensure the cup returned to Cobden Hill.