Radlett victory charge halted by the weather
Toor hits century
HCPL Division One
Bishop’s Stortford 107-5
You may also want to watch:
A RAPID hundred from Kabir Toor put Radlett in a commanding position against Bishop’s Stortford before the weather curtailed any hopes the Cobden Hill side have of a first league of the campaign.
Coming in at 118-2, Toor provided the backbone to the home side’s innings taking just 74 balls to amass his unbeaten 107, a knock that included nine 4s and six 6s.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
With spinner Rob Clements, promoted up the order to open, also adding a useful 44 and wicketkeeper Tom Jenkins continuing his recovery from injury with 74 as Radlett reached 286-6 from their 60 overs.
Two early wickets for Matt Corran (2-25) saw Radlett with their tails up before Herts county star Eddie Ballard (27) and Alex Hales (38) staged something of a mini recovery.
Having added 63 for the third wicket Ballard was bowled by Toor and just four runs later Hales departed, bowled by Ali Kazmi.
The run out of Harry Ramsden (8) saw Stortford five down but with Radlett sensing a much needed victory the heavens opened bringing a premature end to proceedings.
Radlett are on the road this weekend, travelling to Oxfordshire to take on Banbury.