Radlett slump at Wycombe
Burger’s side bowled out for a paltry 63
HCPL Premier Division
High Wycombe 64-4
High Wycombe won by six wickets
RADLETT slumped to a six wicket defeat at High Wycombe after the hosts bowled out Shane Burger’s side for a measly 63.
Following last weekend’s run fest at Cobden Hill, the visitors will have been confident of beating a side who were without a win this season.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 4 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
Things started badly for Radlett though losing Shil Patel for 4 to give Peter Connell the first of an impressive 5-16.
Kabir Toor, fresh from a blistering 133 against Oxford, was unable to repeat last week’s heroics falling for just 1 lbw to Paul Sawyer.
Shane Burger (0), Tom Jenkins (2) and Matt Soffair (4) were all dismissed lbw as Radlett’s innings collapsed around them. Only James Lewis (19) and Fakir Dungaria (12) were able to get into double figures and Radlett’s miserable innings was concluded when Matt Corran (9) and Heath Paynter were dismissed.
Wycombe didn’t have it all their own way in the run chase losing Nitn Sehgal (4) lbw to Burger early on.
Skipper Matt Eyles (24) and Nick Robinson (13) got the home side within sight of victory before Toor and Corran disposed of them and despite Toor also claiming the scalp of Alan Duncan for 2, Sawyer (9) and David Cranfield-Thompson (5) saw the hosts home.