Radlett slump at Wycombe
Burger’s side bowled out for a paltry 63
HCPL Premier Division
High Wycombe 64-4
High Wycombe won by six wickets
You may also want to watch:
RADLETT slumped to a six wicket defeat at High Wycombe after the hosts bowled out Shane Burger’s side for a measly 63.
Following last weekend’s run fest at Cobden Hill, the visitors will have been confident of beating a side who were without a win this season.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Things started badly for Radlett though losing Shil Patel for 4 to give Peter Connell the first of an impressive 5-16.
Kabir Toor, fresh from a blistering 133 against Oxford, was unable to repeat last week’s heroics falling for just 1 lbw to Paul Sawyer.
Shane Burger (0), Tom Jenkins (2) and Matt Soffair (4) were all dismissed lbw as Radlett’s innings collapsed around them. Only James Lewis (19) and Fakir Dungaria (12) were able to get into double figures and Radlett’s miserable innings was concluded when Matt Corran (9) and Heath Paynter were dismissed.
Wycombe didn’t have it all their own way in the run chase losing Nitn Sehgal (4) lbw to Burger early on.
Skipper Matt Eyles (24) and Nick Robinson (13) got the home side within sight of victory before Toor and Corran disposed of them and despite Toor also claiming the scalp of Alan Duncan for 2, Sawyer (9) and David Cranfield-Thompson (5) saw the hosts home.