Radlett slump at Wycombe
Burger’s side bowled out for a paltry 63
HCPL Premier Division
High Wycombe 64-4
High Wycombe won by six wickets
You may also want to watch:
RADLETT slumped to a six wicket defeat at High Wycombe after the hosts bowled out Shane Burger’s side for a measly 63.
Following last weekend’s run fest at Cobden Hill, the visitors will have been confident of beating a side who were without a win this season.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Things started badly for Radlett though losing Shil Patel for 4 to give Peter Connell the first of an impressive 5-16.
Kabir Toor, fresh from a blistering 133 against Oxford, was unable to repeat last week’s heroics falling for just 1 lbw to Paul Sawyer.
Shane Burger (0), Tom Jenkins (2) and Matt Soffair (4) were all dismissed lbw as Radlett’s innings collapsed around them. Only James Lewis (19) and Fakir Dungaria (12) were able to get into double figures and Radlett’s miserable innings was concluded when Matt Corran (9) and Heath Paynter were dismissed.
Wycombe didn’t have it all their own way in the run chase losing Nitn Sehgal (4) lbw to Burger early on.
Skipper Matt Eyles (24) and Nick Robinson (13) got the home side within sight of victory before Toor and Corran disposed of them and despite Toor also claiming the scalp of Alan Duncan for 2, Sawyer (9) and David Cranfield-Thompson (5) saw the hosts home.