Radlett secure county victory
RADLETT Under 9s left it to the last ball of the season to clinch the Hertfordshire Cricket trophy on Sunday. A nail-biting final saw the Radlett team beat Redbourn by three runs, with the last pair inching past the required total in the final over
RADLETT Under 9s left it to the last ball of the season to clinch the Hertfordshire Cricket trophy on Sunday.
A nail-biting final saw the Radlett team beat Redbourn by three runs, with the last pair inching past the required total in the final over before blocking out the last delivery, thereby avoiding the eight run deduction that would have swung the result.
Commenting on a season which saw Radlett lose only one game, coach Andrew Wright said: "It's a fantastic end to a great season in which the whole squad has performed consistently well. The team spirit was there for all to see today and we are lucky to have some talented young cricketers at the club."
Earlier in the day Radlett had won another tense game in the semi-final, beating Old Albanians, while Redbourn had seen off the Shenley Village challenge. Sunday's victory continued Radlett's proud record at Under 9s level, having been winners in 2005 and runners up in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett: Theo Ellis, Sachen Haldankar, Saul Kaye, Bobby Kitson, George Lawrence, Aneesh Oza, Shreyas Pulle, Ben Scott, Samuel Shashoua, Joshua Walker, Freddie Wright.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building