Radlett secure county victory
RADLETT Under 9s left it to the last ball of the season to clinch the Hertfordshire Cricket trophy on Sunday. A nail-biting final saw the Radlett team beat Redbourn by three runs, with the last pair inching past the required total in the final over
RADLETT Under 9s left it to the last ball of the season to clinch the Hertfordshire Cricket trophy on Sunday.
A nail-biting final saw the Radlett team beat Redbourn by three runs, with the last pair inching past the required total in the final over before blocking out the last delivery, thereby avoiding the eight run deduction that would have swung the result.
Commenting on a season which saw Radlett lose only one game, coach Andrew Wright said: "It's a fantastic end to a great season in which the whole squad has performed consistently well. The team spirit was there for all to see today and we are lucky to have some talented young cricketers at the club."
Earlier in the day Radlett had won another tense game in the semi-final, beating Old Albanians, while Redbourn had seen off the Shenley Village challenge. Sunday's victory continued Radlett's proud record at Under 9s level, having been winners in 2005 and runners up in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Radlett: Theo Ellis, Sachen Haldankar, Saul Kaye, Bobby Kitson, George Lawrence, Aneesh Oza, Shreyas Pulle, Ben Scott, Samuel Shashoua, Joshua Walker, Freddie Wright.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans