Radlett’s Alex Jones to get another shot in Formula Four
- Credit: Archant
Alex Jones is set to get behind the wheel of a British F4 car at Silverstone as he evaluates his options for next season.
The 23-year-old from Radlett will take to the Northamptonshire track on November 25.
Having made promising progress in 750MC Formula Vee during the 2016 season, Jones will test for Gary Ward’s new addition to the field, GW Motorsport.
He has tested a ‘slicks & wings’ single-seater before, having impressed in a BRDC Formula 4 car towards the end of last year.
But he was unable to secure a full-season’s budget and opted to stick with Formula Vee for 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Jones said: “It’s a great opportunity and I’m really excited to test the F4 so thank you to GW Motorsport.
“I worked with the team’s driver coach, Max Robinson, back in 2013 so I really hope to make a positive impression with him and of course Gary and the team.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
“I had a seat-fitting last weekend and met the guys at the workshop so now I’ll be spending the lead-up to the test doing my homework and making sure I’m at my fittest so I can give 100 per cent focus.
“After testing a BRDC Formula 4 in October last year, now I feel a lot more experienced with an additional seasons’ racing under my belt to take on this latest challenge.”