Radlett’s Alex Jones pleased with character-building weekend in Formula Vee Championship
- Credit: Archant
Alex Jones, endured a character-building but ultimately positive weekend in rounds three and four of the Formula Vee Championship at Brands Hatch Indy.
With no testing before the weekend the Radlett-based racing driver was unable to get into a rhythm in qualifying, only managing to set four laps with the session interrupted with two stoppages.
He started race one in 11th but fell victim to dropped oil on the racing line which made him spin and left him in 16th by the end.
But he shone in race two, moving up from 22nd on the grid to 11th by the chequered flag.
He said: “It’s been a positive weekend. The stoppages and traffic in qualifying put us further down the grid than we should have been but I was able to make up positions in both races.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall, I’m quite pleased with the races and I feel I drove well.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe