Radlett’s Alex Jones pleased with character-building weekend in Formula Vee Championship
- Credit: Archant
Alex Jones, endured a character-building but ultimately positive weekend in rounds three and four of the Formula Vee Championship at Brands Hatch Indy.
With no testing before the weekend the Radlett-based racing driver was unable to get into a rhythm in qualifying, only managing to set four laps with the session interrupted with two stoppages.
He started race one in 11th but fell victim to dropped oil on the racing line which made him spin and left him in 16th by the end.
But he shone in race two, moving up from 22nd on the grid to 11th by the chequered flag.
He said: “It’s been a positive weekend. The stoppages and traffic in qualifying put us further down the grid than we should have been but I was able to make up positions in both races.
You may also want to watch:
“Overall, I’m quite pleased with the races and I feel I drove well.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire