Radlett maintain perfect start with third victory
- Credit: Archant
Radlett are one of three teams with a perfect record after the opening three games of the new SHCL Premier Division season.
Saturday’s 76-run victory over Hertford, who are bottom of the division, sees Radlett second in the league behind Sawbridgeworth. They are ahead of third-place Harpenden, and all three sides have three victories and 90 points so far ahead of Radlett’s game against Welwyn GC this weekend.
On Saturday, Hertford won the toss and elected to field but they were unable to contain their opponents as Fraser Crawford opened alongside Kabir Toor and both got into the action early.
Crawford went on to make 58 and Toor 28, and they were followed by a knock of 89 from Joe Cooke at number three and 13 from Jonathan McLean.
Shane Burger (37no) and Rob Clements (4no) closed out the innings on 257-4.
You may also want to watch:
All Hertford could muster in reply was 181 from 40.3 overs. Benjamin Cowell, in at number nine, top-scored with 39. The wickets were shared around with Toor taking 3-21.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall