Radlett maintain perfect start with third victory
- Credit: Archant
Radlett are one of three teams with a perfect record after the opening three games of the new SHCL Premier Division season.
Saturday’s 76-run victory over Hertford, who are bottom of the division, sees Radlett second in the league behind Sawbridgeworth. They are ahead of third-place Harpenden, and all three sides have three victories and 90 points so far ahead of Radlett’s game against Welwyn GC this weekend.
On Saturday, Hertford won the toss and elected to field but they were unable to contain their opponents as Fraser Crawford opened alongside Kabir Toor and both got into the action early.
Crawford went on to make 58 and Toor 28, and they were followed by a knock of 89 from Joe Cooke at number three and 13 from Jonathan McLean.
Shane Burger (37no) and Rob Clements (4no) closed out the innings on 257-4.
All Hertford could muster in reply was 181 from 40.3 overs. Benjamin Cowell, in at number nine, top-scored with 39. The wickets were shared around with Toor taking 3-21.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead