Radlett maintain perfect start with third victory
- Credit: Archant
Radlett are one of three teams with a perfect record after the opening three games of the new SHCL Premier Division season.
Saturday’s 76-run victory over Hertford, who are bottom of the division, sees Radlett second in the league behind Sawbridgeworth. They are ahead of third-place Harpenden, and all three sides have three victories and 90 points so far ahead of Radlett’s game against Welwyn GC this weekend.
On Saturday, Hertford won the toss and elected to field but they were unable to contain their opponents as Fraser Crawford opened alongside Kabir Toor and both got into the action early.
Crawford went on to make 58 and Toor 28, and they were followed by a knock of 89 from Joe Cooke at number three and 13 from Jonathan McLean.
Shane Burger (37no) and Rob Clements (4no) closed out the innings on 257-4.
You may also want to watch:
All Hertford could muster in reply was 181 from 40.3 overs. Benjamin Cowell, in at number nine, top-scored with 39. The wickets were shared around with Toor taking 3-21.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images