Radlett lose ground at top of Premier Division after North Mymms loss
- Credit: Archant
Radlett slipped further behind Herts Cricket League Premier Division leaders Welwyn Garden City after an eight-wicket loss at North Mymms.
And, as has so often been the case this season, Hamza Qayyum was the star for the Home Farm side.
He started by taking five wickets after Radlett had won the toss and chosen to bat, eventually finishing with figures of 5-63.
He was ably-assisted by Richard Oxley who bagged himself 4-76, with Radlett eventually being bowled out for 251 with the penultimate ball of the innings.
Kabir Toor was one of Oxley's victims with the skipper falling on 99.
Fakir Dungaria hit 52 while Joe Cooke got 34.
Qayyum then set about the Radlett bowling attack in his usual style, crafting a total of 109, including 13 fours and four maximums before finally being caught off the bowling of Abdulrahim Mulla.
- 1 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 2 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 8 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 Recap: Rail firm cancels trains due to Herts 'operational issue'
- 10 Woodland access saved by Chiswell Green campaigner
And Hamza Ahmed (43), Nesan Jeyaratnam (52*) and Dan Millard (35*) saw Mymms home.