Radlett hoping for a Toor-de-force as they look for a hat-trick of championships
- Credit: Archant
Former Middlesex batsman, Kabir Toor, has been tasked as the man to lead Radlett to a hat-trick of Hertfordshire League titles next summer.
Toor, 25, replaces Jonathan McLean as captain following McLean’s decision to take a break from the game after four seasons at Radlett, a spell that followed a decade in first class and minor county cricket.
With Toor as vice-captain, McLean helped inspire a golden era at Radlett, landing league and play-off titles in 2014 and 2015, the Herts County Cup in 2013 and the inaugural Herts T20 competition in 2014.
Toor said: “I would like to thank Jono for his great work over the last four seasons and express my delight at taking over the first 11 captaincy.
“Overall Radlett feels like home to me, so it’s a great honour to take on the role and I am greatly looking forward to the challenges next season will bring, both on and off the field.”
You may also want to watch:
Toor is already on course to become the most successful batsman in Radlett’s history, having scored almost 5,000 league runs since his debut in 2007, adding more than 200 wickets with his leg-spin.
His haul of 20 first-team centuries, including 11 in the league, is unprecedented, eclipsing even David Robinson, the club’s most prolific batsman to date.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant
Expectations will remain high, though the loss of McLean and the departure of the stalwart South African coach Shane Burger after 11 years has weakened a very strong side.
Burger has taken up a coaching job in Natal, and his director of coaching role has been passed to Dan Foster, a current player and professional coach.