Radlett get back to winning ways as St Albans are cut further adrift
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s returned to winning ways to restart their upward trajectory while St Albans’ slide towards relegation picked up speed.
Radlett brushed off two losses and a draw in their last three games to chase down St Albans’ first innings score of 168 with seven wickets in hand to climb up to second spot in Saracens Herts Division Two A.
At the other end, the Saints are 104 points adrift of safety with four games left. A loss next week will mean they can only finish in the bottom two.
Saturday’s game was a microcosm of St Albans’ season. Henry Tyler (73), Robert Goddard (25) and Aaron Jones (11) but them in a superb position, 104-1, after 20 overs, but it all went downhill from there as the next nine wickets fell for 64 runs.
After toiling for 20 overs, Radlett’s bowling attack started to find success, with Troy Barrett and Dan Foster taking out the middle order and Stanley Tinkler, returning team-leading figures of 4-58, removed the tail.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans started their defence brightly as Alex Cooke was run out by Tyler for one and Noah Lipschitz was bowled by James Clouting. From there, however, the game slowly slipped from their grasp.
Hugh McDowell and Neel Malde took Radlett from 35-2 to 129-3 and on the cusp of victory. McDowell was run out for 59 leaving Malde, who finished unbeaten on 55, to bat Radlett to victory with Michael Lee (19*).
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match