Radlett get back to winning ways as St Albans are cut further adrift
- Credit: Archant
Radlett 2s returned to winning ways to restart their upward trajectory while St Albans’ slide towards relegation picked up speed.
Radlett brushed off two losses and a draw in their last three games to chase down St Albans’ first innings score of 168 with seven wickets in hand to climb up to second spot in Saracens Herts Division Two A.
At the other end, the Saints are 104 points adrift of safety with four games left. A loss next week will mean they can only finish in the bottom two.
Saturday’s game was a microcosm of St Albans’ season. Henry Tyler (73), Robert Goddard (25) and Aaron Jones (11) but them in a superb position, 104-1, after 20 overs, but it all went downhill from there as the next nine wickets fell for 64 runs.
After toiling for 20 overs, Radlett’s bowling attack started to find success, with Troy Barrett and Dan Foster taking out the middle order and Stanley Tinkler, returning team-leading figures of 4-58, removed the tail.
You may also want to watch:
St Albans started their defence brightly as Alex Cooke was run out by Tyler for one and Noah Lipschitz was bowled by James Clouting. From there, however, the game slowly slipped from their grasp.
Hugh McDowell and Neel Malde took Radlett from 35-2 to 129-3 and on the cusp of victory. McDowell was run out for 59 leaving Malde, who finished unbeaten on 55, to bat Radlett to victory with Michael Lee (19*).
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe