Radlett frustrated by draw
HCPL Division One Radlett 230-9 drew with Slough 180-8 RADLETT were frustrated by a rearguard action from Slough after posting a decent score in their innings. The visitors won the toss and asked the home side to bat first and it was a decision that looke
HCPL Division One
Radlett 230-9 drew with Slough 180-8
RADLETT were frustrated by a rearguard action from Slough after posting a decent score in their innings.
The visitors won the toss and asked the home side to bat first and it was a decision that looked to have back fired as Leo Sandino-Taylor and Kabir Toor took apart the opening bowling attack.
You may also want to watch:
Slough captain Zaheer Sher brought himself into the attack and the decision paid off as he claimed the wickets of Toor (33), Tom Jenkins (0) and Sandino-Taylor who had made a splendid 72.
At the other end Perveiz Aziz got in on the action and he snared captain Shane Burger and Fakir Dungaria both for ducks and both to catches from Shazad Rana. Andre Sharma had added three to the scoreboard before he became Sher's fourth victim.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Mike Crocker (34), Paul Barker (12) and Sheilen Patel added some late order runs before Aziz and Sher claimed their third and fifth wickets respectively.
Heath Paynter became Zashan Arshad's first victim for nine as Patel (35no) and Robbie Crocker (19no) took Radlett to 230-9 from their 66 overs.
Like the home side, Slough's openers did well against the opening attack with Fahum Quereshi and Shaan Khan getting the Slough innings off to a solid start.
Skipper Burger threw Toor in to the action and the young Middlesex star immediately caused the visitors problems.
The 19-year-old removed openers Quereshi (35) and Khan (27) before dismissing Michael Payne (10), Sher (10) and Aziz (2) to give Radlett real hoping of securing a win.
The hope was heightened with spinner Barker (2-9) claiming the wickets of Rana (24) and Zaman (10) with Toor picking up another to end with figures of 6-47.
Unfortunately for Radlett they couldn't remove Arshad (40no) and Faisal Ali (0) as the visitors held on for a draw, finishing their overs on 180-8.