Radlett dominate in draw with Slough
Home Counties Premier League Division One Radlett 276-7 drew with Slough 186-6 RADLETT dominated a game in which Slough were never in the running for the 25 points. Shane Burger won the toss and chose to bat on a wicket that looked good but was expected t
Home Counties Premier League Division One
Radlett 276-7 drew with Slough 186-6
RADLETT dominated a game in which Slough were never in the running for the 25 points.
Shane Burger won the toss and chose to bat on a wicket that looked good but was expected to turn considerably and with a strong batting line up and five front line spinners the decision was an easy one.
You may also want to watch:
Although they lost Sandino-Taylor (15) early, Toor and Jenkins took charge to take the score to 81 before Jenkins was unluckily judged lbw. The dismissal did nothing to stem the domination as Burger joined Toor to take the score to 128-2 at lunch.
Lunch might have filled a few of the Slough bowlers' stomachs but Burger and Toor filled their boots adding 117 for the third wicket. Although wickets fell as the innings ended Paul Barker smashed a whirlwind 54* ending the innings with a huge six over midwicket to leave Radlett 276-7 at the end of their 66 overs.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Slough started cautiously and seemed understandably unable to chase down such a mammoth score in the face of impressive bowling from all the Radlett bowlers.
Fakir Dungaria, on his debut, and Atul Sachdeva had the home batting line up in their pockets during an expert spell of spin bowling that effectively ended the chase before it had begun.
From four wickets down Slough conceded that they were never going to be able to dominate Radlett and thereon played well in securing a draw six down with Sher (79) leading from the front.
Dungaria took the majority of the bowling plaudits with 2-16 from ten overs, but Sachdeva was equally impressive in his first league game of the season.