Radlett clinch narrow win over Totteridge Millhillians in a dramatic finish
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A dramatic stumping gave Radlett a tense and narrow victory at Totteridge Millhillians.
The two perennial challengers at the top end of the Herts Cricket League Premier Division have had many classic encounters and this was right up there.
Radlett had batted first and scored 244-8 thanks in the main to a 98-run partnership between Fraser Crawford (76) and Christopher Arul (56).
The dangerous Ben Howgego was at the forefront of the reply and his 61 put Totteridge in the perfect position going into the final few overs.
With two overs to go they needed a run a ball 12 to claim victory and still had three wickets in hand.
You may also want to watch:
But Josh De Caires had Matt Fletcher stumped by Tom Jenkins with the first delivery of the penultimate over and the same result got rid of Joe Wray with only one wide added to the score.
Two singles meant they needed nine to win off the final four balls but Jenkins’ third stumping, this time from Anthony Hill, gave Radlett the big victory.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common