Radlett clinch narrow win over Totteridge Millhillians in a dramatic finish
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A dramatic stumping gave Radlett a tense and narrow victory at Totteridge Millhillians.
The two perennial challengers at the top end of the Herts Cricket League Premier Division have had many classic encounters and this was right up there.
Radlett had batted first and scored 244-8 thanks in the main to a 98-run partnership between Fraser Crawford (76) and Christopher Arul (56).
The dangerous Ben Howgego was at the forefront of the reply and his 61 put Totteridge in the perfect position going into the final few overs.
With two overs to go they needed a run a ball 12 to claim victory and still had three wickets in hand.
You may also want to watch:
But Josh De Caires had Matt Fletcher stumped by Tom Jenkins with the first delivery of the penultimate over and the same result got rid of Joe Wray with only one wide added to the score.
Two singles meant they needed nine to win off the final four balls but Jenkins’ third stumping, this time from Anthony Hill, gave Radlett the big victory.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre