Radlett continue to dominate HCPCL Division Two
- Credit: Archant
RADLETT continued to dominate HCPCL Division Two with bat and ball as they stretched their lead atop the league to 15 points.
Chorleywood were no match for the Cobden Hill side who produced a bowling masterclass and smashed the ball all over the field to win the game in just 52.1 overs.
Everything seems to be going Radlett’s way this year and that trend didn’t look like stopping after captain Fraser Crawford won the toss and inserted Chorleywood into bat. And it didn’t.
Chad Barrett (4-39) bowled a destructive stint, dismissing Chris Tweedie (4), Edward Lye (0) and Ryan Fleming (14), to leave Chorleywood shocked on 24-3.
Kabir Toor’s introduction did little to help the hosts as he started a major collapse by trapping Tom Smithson (3) and Freddie Dare (0) to reduced Chorleywood from 44-4 to 44-5.
Stuart Browne took over and produced the best display of the day. David Bushnell (4) was his first victim before he followed up with the scalp of Jonathan Rice (2) and first-ball ducked William Pendered (0).
Browne’s wickets saw Chorleywood stagger to 57-8 to all but kill of the game. Although he wasn’t done yet. After Barrett completed his four-wicket haul, Browne took the last wicket of the day, hitting Josh Ryan (12) leg before.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 4 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 5 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
In total Browne bowled 9.4 overs, including four maidens, and surrendered just seven runs while taking four wickets.
Needing just 94 runs to win openers Crawford and Toor started with their feet firmly on the accelerator and never let up.
Crawford blasted 43 runs off 48 balls including six fours and two sixes. Not to be outdone Toor smashed four fours and three sixes on his way to 44 runs off 34 balls.
In total the pair needed just 13.3 overs to surpass the total, giving Radlett and 10-wicket win.
Final score: Chorleywood (93) lost to Radlett (94-0) by 10 wickets
Radlett welcome Hoddesdon to Cobden Hill on Saturday, 11.30am start.