Radlett on the heels of the Premier Division leaders after Stortford success
- Credit: Archant
Radlett kept the pressure on the Herts Cricket League Premier Division leaders with a straight-forward 80-run success at Bishop’s Stortford.
Winning the toss and choosing to bat they got to a healthy 290-7 in their 50 overs, driven on by skipper Kabir Toor who landed a score of 89, including 10 boundaries.
He was involved in three very good partnerships, 43 with Joe Cooke for the second-wicket, 65 with Nathan Smith for the third and 60 alongside Fraser Crawford for the fourth.
And when he was the fifth man dismissed, with Radlett on 217, Muhammed Adil Zareef carried on where he left off, blasting 42 from 30 balls to get them to their final total.
In reply Stortford got to 142-2 before losing three wickets for the addition of just seven more runs.
You may also want to watch:
And from there it was all over as Abdulrahim Mulla (4-31) and Zareef (2-49) cleaned up the tail.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly