Radlett beaten in Twenty20 Cup
West Herts record a 78-run victory over under-strength Cobden Hill side
HCPL Twenty20 Cup Round One
West Herts 207-6
West Herts won by 78 runs
You may also want to watch:
RADLETT’S challenge in the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 campaign fell at the first hurdle as they went down by 78 runs.
With many first team regulars unable to make the Monday night game including skipper Shane Burger, the home side were forced to field an under strength side with Ben Thornhill skippering the team.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
Shameel Ahmed was the pick of the bowlers for Radlett taking 2-13 from his two overs as West Herts posted 207-6 from their 20 overs. Matthew Smith did the most damage smashing eight 4s and two 6s on his way to 71.
Radlett’s reply got off to a steady start with opener Matthew Bell hitting three 6s on his way to 33 but four wickets from Ian Gurney and two from William Jones thwarted the Radlett challenge with only Jacob Reza (16), Richard Hardy (15) and Thornhill (32) able to make any contribution of note as they posted 129-9 from their 20 overs.
West Herts will now have to travel to Harpenden who progressed without playing after St Albans conceded in their game which was due to be played on Wednesday evening.