Radlett beaten in Twenty20 Cup
West Herts record a 78-run victory over under-strength Cobden Hill side
HCPL Twenty20 Cup Round One
West Herts 207-6
West Herts won by 78 runs
You may also want to watch:
RADLETT’S challenge in the Home Counties Premier League Twenty20 campaign fell at the first hurdle as they went down by 78 runs.
With many first team regulars unable to make the Monday night game including skipper Shane Burger, the home side were forced to field an under strength side with Ben Thornhill skippering the team.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Shameel Ahmed was the pick of the bowlers for Radlett taking 2-13 from his two overs as West Herts posted 207-6 from their 20 overs. Matthew Smith did the most damage smashing eight 4s and two 6s on his way to 71.
Radlett’s reply got off to a steady start with opener Matthew Bell hitting three 6s on his way to 33 but four wickets from Ian Gurney and two from William Jones thwarted the Radlett challenge with only Jacob Reza (16), Richard Hardy (15) and Thornhill (32) able to make any contribution of note as they posted 129-9 from their 20 overs.
West Herts will now have to travel to Harpenden who progressed without playing after St Albans conceded in their game which was due to be played on Wednesday evening.